River flow good

A friend did a 3 day float/caving trip on the Jacks Fork last weekend. No one fished. ... Crazy people. ...Anyway, I believe they put in at Hwy 17 and went to Alley Spring. He said it had good water and was faily clear for being up that much. He said they didn't have to portage at all and only drug bottom a few times. A rarity that far up. I may have to try it early next year if we get the rain, again.

wader

My friend is a caver, not a fisherman. What a waste of a good float trip on a great smallie river. I wish I could of made it. I would of had all the good spots for myself. Good Luck. ... Wader

wader

We floated JF last year in a loaded canoe, Prongs to Bay Creek. USGS Mtn. View gage was 2.0 feet, 151 cfs. Never dragged at all. A little less flow would make for some dragging however.

The JF in my opinion is the trickiest to navigate of all the Missouri float streams. (Saint Francis not included.) It will challenge your canoe handling skills. You need good teamwork between bow and stern in a two-man canoe.