OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rps

Gerber Time on the Upper End

With the lake dropping and the inconsistent weather, I am finding it difficult to find a pattern and exploit it over a period of time. On the 26th I found multiple fish suspended at 24 feet on edges.  On the 30th, I worked hard to find one fish suspended in tree tops. This morning, at the end of four hours, neither had paid off for me. I was graphing many bait fish holding between 20 and 25 feet deep, but only caught one bass (a keeper) in that time.

I got out my spoon collection and went looking. I stopped at or near locations where I had caught multiple fish in the past. At the third stop I found walleye at 37 feet on the bottom next to a large, mostly submerged tree. The first three were juveniles, 16 to 17 inches. I never saw the fourth fish. I assure you, it was no juvenile. About half way up, after several hard lunges that took drag, it disappeared.

No more bites after that, even though I stopped at two more locations.

In the past, once the spoon bite develops, they will be deep until late September. Or not.

Water temp 81 - 82.