OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
YAKFM

Upper Bull Shoals Walleye 7/30 - 8/3

My family and I fished near K dock for 4 days last week.  This was my first trip to BS and I came away impressed with the quality of the fish and the beauty of the lake.  I spend most of my time fishing Beaver and Table Rock chasing walleye on both and stripers on the former.  We targeted walleye last week on BS, but we did catch a few nice incidental K's and LM too.  Ended up with 7 walleyes between 22-25" with another 10 between 18-21".  We caught >80% of our fish from 6-8 am and 7-9 pm.  We did pick up some in the middle of the day early in the week, but only when there was cloud cover.  All fish came on bluff walls in 28-35 FOW on trolled cranks at 2 - 2.5 mph.  We used Flicker Minnow #11's, Bomber Deep Fat Free Shad's and SK 6XD's with 1 or 2 oz snap weights.   Shad colors worked best for us and the only time we got bit was after the cranks made contact with structure.  A big thanks to Rangerman for the information supplied in his posts over the past several months.  A few sample photos included. 

BullShoals4.jpg

BullShoals3.jpg

BullShoals2.jpg

BullShoals1.jpg

Well done!

Good report.