Boat Trailer Tire Pressure

So the boat I bought earlier this year has trailer tires that are max rated for 50psi at the max load. Tires were basically new as previous owner kept boat at a marina  Iam under max load and started using them at 45psi. Had some edge wear so went up to the 50psi. However, even at 50psi I am getting wear on the egdes that tells me they are under inflated. I suppose I need to get them balanced to keep chasing the issue or is it ok to go another 5psi up?

Try a couple different tire gauges, some of them tell lies.  Did you scale that trailer loaded?  Can you upsize the tire/wheel?

Whatever is causing that wear (I'm thinking over load or under inflated-but you need to decide which) won't just go away when you replace the tires unless new tires & rims increase your load range.

7 hours ago, tjm said:

Try a couple different tire gauges, some of them tell lies.  Did you scale that trailer loaded?  Can you upsize the tire/wheel?

Whatever is causing that wear (I'm thinking over load or under inflated-but you need to decide which) won't just go away when you replace the tires unless new tires & rims increase your load range.

I have not weighed it, but I would hope that Lowe within the last five years didn't engineer a package that overloaded their trailer. I can't think of anything that would be significant added weight post factory to cause this. Will continue to monitor wear at 50psi. Could just be crappy tires I suppose. Thanks for the tips fellas. 

I always try to upgrade the tires on my trailers to radial if possible.  The ones that come on trailers stock tend to be low end and wear fast if you pull them long distances.  Cheap tires are great if you live 10 minutes from fishing waters.  But pulling one 5 hours on the interstate will heat them up pretty good.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson