not many like dennis shorb

tv tom

• Members

Dennis does not participate in this forum, nor does he use a computer.

But he fishes 7 days a week.

Many of you have seen him in his 19' Stratos with a 200 horse merc

He only puts in at Viola and H highway. Tuesday he went to pick up 2 beer cans on the H parking lot and saw a billfold. It had $278.00 in it plus the usual credit cards

dennis left word on the guys answering machine and he picked it up the next day  

he offered dennis a reward but he refused

nope not too many like dennis

Not to discredit Dennis, sounds like a good guy.   Many, many people are much better than the media would have us believe.  We have had many posts on here people looking to reunite someone with lost property.  As the newer country song goes, "I believe most people are good..."  

Money is just ink and paper, worthless until it switches hands, and worthless again until the next transaction. (me)

I am the master of my unspoken words, and the slave to those that should have remained unsaid. (unknown)

• Members

i know their are many honest people .the bad ones get the press.another guy reported finding and attempting to return rods and reels in this forum

i believe almost all of our forum fisherman would have done the same thing dennis did but it's still worth reporting

i did it out of respect for dennis as i know he would not make a big deal of it

I think Dennis is a man with a moral compass. We all have one some just cannot follow it. Some just  justify what they did in another way. Everyone struggles with right or wrong. We are all in this together. all men are suppose to be brothers  sure hard too see this day in age.

There is a song that has a very big impact on me when I want to go off my own compass. Part of the lyrics have a profound impact on me. they go like this. Anyone who is a into Bluegrass probably familiar with this song. I have never heard the music but the words sure discribe what we do. 

There are Many People who will say, they are christian on the Sabbath day

But come Monday morning till the coming Sunday

They will fight their neighbor all the way   

Y'all must just hang out with a sketchy bunch.  I know more guys/gals like Mr. Shorb than I do otherwise.   The payoff for being a decent person far outweighs the benefit of stumbling across a few hundred bucks.  You sleep better, eat better, love better, it's easier to smile from the inside, and walk around with your head held high.

I think most people turn out good in the end, but honestly you have to experience what it feels like to shortchange someone before you realize how rotten it feels later on.  

5 hours ago, fishinwrench said:

Y'all must just hang out with a sketchy bunch.  I know more guys/gals like Mr. Shorb than I do otherwise.   The payoff for being a decent person far outweighs the benefit of stumbling across a few hundred bucks.  You sleep better, eat better, love better, it's easier to smile from the inside, and walk around with your head held high.

I think most people turn out good in the end, but honestly you have to experience what it feels like to shortchange someone before you realize how rotten it feels later on.  

I think we are for the most part good people Glen, and of course there are the bad ones, all this minor crap means nothing until you lose people-dearest to your heart. We all go through stages where we change how or what we value as to make us a good person, or how we see people, none of it is wrong but nothing out ways what is real important, what really matters. Always try to be kind and considerate of others and there belongings, and help those that need help.

• 3 years later...
  • Members

So as his grandson i can say he is a straight up dude if you ever see him walk up thank him for his service in the navy and ask him what it takes to fish with him as he was a professional bass fisherman and ted dance was over at our house all the time he does love him some fishin tho ill let him know your kind words