Nighttime Brown Trout

CLoyd

• Members

I was short on time this weekend, but made a quick 2-hour pass Friday night over the same stretch of water under the dam I have been fishing since June.  It was a pretty typical night with one big exception, I caught 3 browns.  None of them were big.  They were all 12"-14" and caught on a #8 Hibernator pattern.  I have only been catching a brown trout about once every 4 nights out all summer, so catching 3 in one night is exciting.  I'm optimistic about the coming weeks.  Hopefully this is the beginning of a good fall season!      

browntrout8-24.jpg

This post has been promoted to an article

Some of the fish from Phil's tourney last week were already starting to show some spawn colors on them.  I guess with all the weird weather we've had the fish may start running up early? 

I remember BB posted in the TR forum on how the lake was already fishing like fall a few weeks ago...  @CLoyd do you fly fish exclusively up there?  Ever throw sticks or jigs at night?  Either way nice catch and thanks for sharing.

• Members
3 hours ago, JestersHK said:

...  @CLoyd do you fly fish exclusively up there?  Ever throw sticks or jigs at night?  ...

I have been fly fishing exclusively.  I did take a friend last month ago who out-fished me with a 3" Rebel Tracdown though.  I sort of made it a personal goal this year to make it out at least one night a week from the first of June through the fall.  I was out of town one weekend, but I'm mostly pulling it off.  I guess we'll see if I can maintain the momentum, and lack of sleep ;) 

Man I'd likely end up an insomniac if I lived closer LOL.  Good goal to have though. 

I'm most alive amongst the waters at night...  It really is peaceful out there in the dark, and for me I almost prefer it over daytime.  

I'll shoot ya a PM if I make it down this weekend!

7 minutes ago, JestersHK said:

Man I'd likely end up an insomniac if I lived closer LOL.  Good goal to have though. 

I'm most alive amongst the waters at night...  It really is peaceful out there in the dark, and for me I almost prefer it over daytime.  

I'll shoot ya a PM if I make it down this weekend!

DJ,

Are you wondering the same thing as I am? Could you and CLoyd be long lost twins? Good on you guys for you two for being so mad at them you fish at all hours of the day! 

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

Hahaha!  I'm always hopeful there's more creatures of the night out there like myself.  As for long lost siblings closest story I got is I may have some half Taiwanese siblings running around from my Pops time in the Navy... :P  

I gotta get to it while the gettin's good Buddy! And I darn well hope that if CLoyd is my long lost twin he got the better looks and a full head of hair! LOL

4 minutes ago, JestersHK said:

Hahaha!  I'm always hopeful there's more creatures of the night out there like myself.  As for long lost siblings closest story I got is I may have some half Taiwanese siblings running around from my Pops time in the Navy... :P  

I gotta get to it while the gettin's good Buddy! And I darn well hope that if CLoyd is my long lost twin he got the better looks and a full head of hair! LOL

Yea I forgot about your looks :) . You would more likely be one of my offspring. I told you that our son could pass for a DJ. Man that is scary. I hope you and CLoyd can cross paths someday or night,

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead