OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stlfisher

Waders

I bought a pair of the tailwater model last fall.  NO Leaks.  They seem really tough. They've been through briars and thorns and long wades and have no issues.  So far they have held up better than any waders I have ever owned (orvis, cabelas, hodgeman).

2 hours ago, siusaluki said:

I bought a pair of the tailwater model last fall.  NO Leaks.  They seem really tough. They've been through briars and thorns and long wades and have no issues.  So far they have held up better than any waders I have ever owned (orvis, cabelas, hodgeman).

Awesome. Much Appreciated!

I just bought some SIMMs freestones which look almost identical to those.  Wonder if they are made same factory... freestones aren't made in US like their Guide line.   They were $200 as well. 

I replaced my 10 year old Orvis Silver Sonics with a new pair of Orvis's Encounter waders earlier this summer and am very happy with them so far.  My old Silver Sonics were good waders, but even the entry level Encounter is light years ahead of it.  I was holding out for the new Silver Sonic (now called the Ultralight Convertible), but they were back ordered in my size for months at the time.  I can't report on the longevity yet.  

https://www.orvis.com/p/mens-encounter-waders/0h1r

Would like to know what you think of them in a few month.

I have about 70 days on a pair of Frog Tog (Anura II) that I bought in March this year and have had no problem with them.