OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
netboy

Unbelievable... what an idiot !!

This was copied from the AGFC trout newsletter....

We conducted our annual electrofishing sample in Dry Run Creek on August 8th.  During the sample, we collected several large fish with what appeared to be angler-made notches in their tails (see attached picture).  We have heard of folks doing this to "mark" trout as ones they have caught previously.  We strongly advise against the practice of doing so.  Injuries of this nature can cause infections in the fish and ultimately lead to their death. The additional stress of handling and clipping can also negatively affect the fish. Please leave trout marking up to us, which is typically done in a controlled setting, while fish are sedated, and their condition is monitored for several weeks prior to stocking.  

Tail_Clip.jpg

this has been happening overseas to mark up a fish so no one else can get a nice pic, looks just like some of the pics I have seen from over there, 

someone needs yatch slapped over doing this

2 hours ago, BilletHead said:

unbelievable,

Some peoples kids. I guess when and if they are caught at each transgression the offenders should loose a finger or two without a doctor. 

BilletHead

I'm thinking a testicle or both... but with a very dull, rusty knife. Once again without a doctor present.😁

6 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

Wasn’t there another post about notched tails on here before?  

I was trying to remember that too Snagged. There was quite a long discussion about bass in Stockton showing up with broken jaws.

BilletHead

I believe it was guys marking smallies on one of the rivers.  Clipping their tails in a similar fashion.  Why the heck would you even begin to want to do something like that?