Missouri's next record brown trout

laker67

In the past year, triploid browns are surpassing our sheep creek strain. The Conservation Federation Magazine has an excellent article this month,   on addressing this take over. You can access it online. September 2018 vol 79, no 5, page 50.

9 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Hope you get the record again Laker! Think the Rip Collins fish was a trip44". Throw a few in the Current & NFOW while they are at it

Thanks Gavin. I am all for this triploid thing every where they stock including the trout parks. I would also like to see trip rainbows .

Some things I've read say yes and some say no, it seems that depending who the audience is the answer changes. Are they GMO or not varies with who you are selling them to. 

DNR employees at RRSP tell me the fish stocked there have been triploids for years, idk. Also the same people say triploids are hybrids, so, they really have no clue what they are talking about?

That's a great article written by a really good guy that's on here Ryan.  So the question is, are they done stocking them in Taney or are they going to continue?  I sure hope they continue but it looks like it's been a few years since they have done so.  Maybe someone can ask Shane Bush for that answer. 

3 hours ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

Do the trips going through spawning ritual even though they can’t reproduce or is that absent from their behavior?

Hello Pete. The article says that they do not attempt to spawn. So the ones that showed up at the dam last year must have been there to feed.

I see this one swimming around every now and then. It’s 36-38 inches long and I’m pretty sure breaking the 30 pound mark.

A6C3A0F2-402A-45D3-BE8D-C5E307D3D083.jpeg

A Little Rain Won't Hurt Them Fish.....They're Already Wet!!

Visit my website at..

Ozark Trout Runners

gallery4a082cb0bdef6.jpg