Redington Home Waters Event Oct 5-6

It will be here before we know it. Our Redington Home Waters Event  is happening again this year on Oct 5-6. It is being held at Hidden Valley Outfitters in Lebanon Mo.
The event will start on Friday and will culminate on Saturday with a free showing of the F3T Fly Fishing Film Tour. We will also be having a "One Fly" tournament on Saturday.
There will be vendors, giveaways, manufacturer's reps, local clubs and organizations, and experts to answer any questions you have, from saltwater species to any of the fish that call the Ozarks home.
The event is completely free including the F3T.
Bring your family and enjoy a day or two on the banks of the Niangua River.
I've attached 3 flyers with info on the event.

We hope to see you there!

Home Waters 18.JPG

NEW ONE FLY POSTER.pdf

F3T Poster 2018.png

• 2 weeks later...

It was fun but didn't equal the bash of yesteryear because of the repeated downpours on Saturday and Sunday. 
Amber and I fished the park after a less than stellar performance on the river, and of course we caught alot of fish, including several bigger than average. 
We strictly fished dry flys to make park fishing a bit more challenging, and it was actually alot of fun. A #16 Coachman Trude, and a #14 black beetle were the 2 best producers.  The kid and I stuck it out and were the last to leave. 

Probably the highlight of the trip was the fish fry in the rain. About 1/2 way into it the sky exploded....and you know what happens when big drops of water hit hot grease. Holy Hell! 
We got'er done though and it was delicious. The rain never let up Saturday evening after we ate, and that pretty much put us to sleep about 9:30 since we were trapped in a tent with full belly's, beer, a pint of Woodford Reserve, and a pinch hitter. 😏

I'm gonna make a few more weekday trips down to the park over the next couple weeks and practice my dry fly techniques, because I notice that my skills in that department could use some serious work.  

Anyone care to join me ?  🤔

Thanks for the report Glenn,

We missed the trip and seeing you all over there. We did not miss the Spider-Man undies and Amber describing the fart that ran here out of your sleeping headquarters. Would of loved her telling stories of her trip to India though.

Depending on this weather I may take you up on the park trip. This cooler weather change has me pretty giddy to kill something larger than a squirrel. Saying a low of 37 in BilletHeadVille Sunday night into Monday morning. Hoping we can get through this front. Just put our area under a tornado watch.

BilletHead 

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead