Where have they gone?

Dutch

I have been away for a week and looking now I can't find any reports on Stockton and very few on the Rock.  There used to be several bass reports on the forums.  Have guys quit reporting or left the site?

Only thing I can tell you is with the hot weather we had and the lake level dropping like it has they have been very tough for me to find.  Last year was a much better year as we would catch them each trip, this year has not been the case.  As temps cool hopefully things will pick up.  Hope that helps and good luck to you 

• Members

Fished Lil Sac yesterday for about 10 hours. Quite a bit of boat traffic and had to play nice and share a lot of bank. Heavy chop in the afternoon when the winds changed.  Water temp came up 3 degrees from last week (77/78) to (80/81). Trolling motor on high bouncing up and down and was very hard to detect the bites. I probably missed a bunch.

Drug rubber worms for 4 hours before I finally got the skunk out.

Power fishing be darn so: got out the fairy wand with 6 pound flouro. Water has cleared up a lot this week.

The white bass fishing was actually pretty good and caught some nice fatties. Brown and blacks were only fair with decent numbers (14 mostly 12" maybe two keeps) for how bad it has been the last month or so. Agreed,  last year was a whole lot more fun "but easy now",  hang on there we are only 10 degrees away from spinnerbaits. Caught not a fish shallow but suspended at about 12' in 25 to 35' of water mostly points when the main channel was running down that bank. Fishing  slow, I mean slow swimming 3/16th oz finesse baits with occasional stops and shakes. As the baits would get torn up I would use it down to about an inch long and maybe got more bites on the mere morsels. I save all my old torn up craws and use the little what's left over nubs as finesse trailers rather than opening a new bag of senko baits all the time.

With this cool weekend will probably head over Tuesday or Wednesday and see what might have moved up into those creeks.

IMG_0558.jpeg

BOTH POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Decided to head over tomorrow (Monday) and look for some dumb fish that got caught Saturday in the tournaments. Going to hit a few marinas and maybe like a blind squirrel catch a big one  who recently got released!  

😎

Best

Tom

Ronald Reagan

I got to go during the middle of the day on Sunday.  I fished between Hartley and Mutton.  I had a tough time.  I only had 5 shorts.  1 on a buzz bait, 2 on a Ned and 2 on a worm.  No other bait produced.  5 fish in 5 hours is pretty slow as far as I am concerned.

I fished from the bank to 30' deep.  I never had a bite deeper than about 18'.  The deeper fish came while fishing parallel.  The fish were near but not on the points (both main lake and secondary).   

We are camping Thursday thru Sunday at Cedar Ridge.  I haven't fished Stockton much at all this year.  The wife and I did fish for about 4 hours a few weekends ago when the tropical storm remains moved through.  We caught the really good right on the banks on buzz baits and wart type crankbaits.  I thinks that was due to having a few days of cloudy rainy weather.  I am not sure if it is happening on Stockton but the lakes I have fished lately they have ben on a big jig.  With the cooler weather I thinking I should be able to get up the river a bit and catch them flipping wood.  I will hit some deeper main lake brush pile with the big jig also.  I am excited I hope we can catch them. 

• Members

Well if I fished any slower I might just go back in time.. it takes me 15 minutes to uncross my eyes to drive the boat back to the marina from staring at the bow in my line waiting for that tiny tick. Catching fish pretty well on main lake points and the first secondary point but no further in. Water temps are 77/78 about 4 foot clarity with good color. Eked out a limit today but yesterday could only catch 3 that were solid keeps which meant not having to measure to know. Only one keeper fish was not on some sort of finesse bait. Probably Keitechs or Rage Tails on 1/4oz jig or under spin were my best performers.  I threw spinner bait, lipless and 8” worm with very limited success and pretty much fished finesse about 8 hours each day.

I did not catch a keeper fish shallow or on wood.  Volkswagen sized rocks near 30-40 foot channels were my best areas. And I stayed on them a lot longer than usual hoping to catch maybe one more. I do think they are transitioning off summer holding pattern and slowly migrating up the  depths. Just need some cooler air temps and rain. I never do as well during low water.

i am trying to upload this from my phone as I am still sitting here in the boat tonight taking a break and rigging up tackle for tomorrow

Actually I am  not sure if this or any of the few pics I took will make it up to OA.

i would definitely pick the Big Sac arm for keeper size fish. At least this week anyway. Probably numbers too. 

’ 

IMG_0567 2.jpeg

IMG_0574.jpeg

IMG_0576.jpeg

IMG_0575 2.jpeg

Ronald Reagan

• 2 weeks later...

I am still struggling to find quality fish.  I fished Tuesday in mid lake and only caught 4 with no keepers.  I fished again on Friday up the Sac to CC and up the Sons.  I caught 10 blacks with no keepers and found a small pocket with whites in it.  I got 24 of them and they were mostly small.  All of my fish are coming on plastics.  It is starting to get depressing not being able to find good fish.  Maybe when the water cools.  It was 74° to 76° with the river being warmer than the main lake.