Saturday Night Fly Fishing - Video

CLoyd

35 minutes ago, CLoyd said:

Caught this little monster first thing Saturday night and was able to take some video of it.  21"-22" and full of fight.  It made a run into the backing immediately after hooking up.  Good thing I took an 8wt rod and a better reel that night! 

Nice Mr. Loyd thanks for sharing it with us,

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

Beautiful fish. How long did it take you to net it? So much fun to catch these fish. Been 15 years or so since I have been down to the dam at night. Lot of great memories catching a lot of fish and big fish. Can remember the first time someone mentioned fishing the dam area at night to me. A fellow SMS student who worked the Bass Pro fly shop told me I needed to try it. He was from the Pacific Northwest, but I can't remember his name.  We recognized each other from campus and me coming into Bass Pro.  I thought he was crazy and that was before I found out he wet waded in summer.. He talked about the number and quality of fish you could catch strippin woolies. So, a couple of us met him down there one night and found out he was right. Took quite a few trips getting comfortable with where to go, but those evenings waiting for the water to shut off learned a lot talking to guys in the parking lot and pavillion. 

• Members
11 hours ago, MickinMO said:

Beautiful fish. How long did it take you to net it? So much fun to catch these fish. Been 15 years or so since I have been down to the dam at night. Lot of great memories catching a lot of fish and big fish. Can remember the first time someone mentioned fishing the dam area at night to me. A fellow SMS student who worked the Bass Pro fly shop told me I needed to try it. He was from the Pacific Northwest, but I can't remember his name.  We recognized each other from campus and me coming into Bass Pro.  I thought he was crazy and that was before I found out he wet waded in summer.. He talked about the number and quality of fish you could catch strippin woolies. So, a couple of us met him down there one night and found out he was right. Took quite a few trips getting comfortable with where to go, but those evenings waiting for the water to shut off learned a lot talking to guys in the parking lot and pavillion. 

It was probably a good 10 minute fight.  I had quite a bit of line out when I hooked it and it ran me into the backing.  It always surprises me how strong these fish are when they get over 20".  It made numerous hard runs with me gaining little ground.  I eventually backed it into shallower water where I could follow it downstream and get it in before exhausting it.  The fish was very healthy though and didn't seem tired at all.  My video experiment seems to be the way to go too.  I'm usually by myself so it's difficult to get good pictures of fish.

There's definitely a good little group of guys fishing at night!  I've made several new friends.