Monster Carp

8 hours ago, MoCarp said:

I never saw a grass carp on TR, sometimes people stock them in ponds, and we get wash ins not much for them to eat in TR, can't tell by the angle on size but grass carp get much bigger on avg than commons, 20# would be a fair guess

If they're in TR, I wish they'd eat all the dratted Rock Snot we deal with every Spring.  Maybe that's not on their menu ? 

15 hours ago, MoCarp said:

I never saw a grass carp on TR, sometimes people stock them in ponds, and we get wash ins not much for them to eat in TR, can't tell by the angle on size but grass carp get much bigger on avg than commons, 20# would be a fair guess

It is kinda a weird angle, had to prop my phone up and figure out how to set a timer.   I caught a flathead once that was 34lbs and this thing was longer and bigger around so that all im judging off of. 

12 hours ago, skeeter said:

If they're in TR, I wish they'd eat all the dratted Rock Snot we deal with every Spring.  Maybe that's not on their menu ? 

they will eat things not plant based but to my knowledge they will not eat Didymosphenia but once it breaks off and floats to the top possibly I know common carp feed in the upper water column when snots about, prob not good for just about anything

5 hours ago, aarchdale@coresleep.com said:

It is kinda a weird angle, had to prop my phone up and figure out how to set a timer.   I caught a flathead once that was 34lbs and this thing was longer and bigger around so that all im judging off of. 

grasses can get huge I have heard of a few over 70 in AR they catch them a lot in the urban lakes, but they stock them to keep down the weeds, they mow around the lakes and blow cuttings in the water and they feed on them, great place to float some bread

MONKEYS? what monkeys?

30 minutes ago, MoCarp said:

they will eat things not plant based but to my knowledge they will not eat Didymosphenia but once it breaks off and floats to the top possibly I know common carp feed in the upper water column when snots about, prob not good for just about anything

grasses can get huge I have heard of a few over 70 in AR they catch them a lot in the urban lakes, but they stock them to keep down the weeds, they mow around the lakes and blow cuttings in the water and they feed on them, great place to float some bread

either way it was a hell of a fight and fun.  What do people use to try to catch them?   I have a neighborhood pond that have a few that look to be in the 3 ft range, wouldnt mind hooking into another with appropriate gear

16 hours ago, aarchdale@coresleep.com said:

either way it was a hell of a fight and fun.  What do people use to try to catch them?   I have a neighborhood pond that have a few that look to be in the 3 ft range, wouldnt mind hooking into another with appropriate gear

Fly rod and smallish nymphs. They will chase them down. They are not like common carp Grass carp are white meat and very tasty. They do have bones to contend with but in a big one bones are big and no problem. Try one you will like it,

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

I second Catfish and Carp YouTube channel.   Luke gives out so much information.  

Money is just ink and paper, worthless until it switches hands, and worthless again until the next transaction. (me)

I am the master of my unspoken words, and the slave to those that should have remained unsaid. (unknown)