TR for this upcoming weekend

JestersHK

7 minutes ago, Seth said:

@JestersHK sounds like you have about the same luck as me when it comes to catching those browns. My scent must repel them or something.

Buddy you ain't lying LOL.  I did at least hook into a solid one this weekend... Wish I could of gotten that one in.  Probably would of been my new PB.  I did see a guy catch a 26in Brown out of outlet 1.  Helped him revive it too as I think they had it out of the water too long getting measurements and he was in bad shape... Spent a good hour getting the fish revived ( Thanks Duane for the tip!), but it was worth it to watch him swim off.

CLoyd and I did see a big dead brown down by rebar though... Sucks as he was at least 24.

There are def some big fish up in the trophy area.  Not just big browns, but some beast rainbows are up there too.  Refreshing to see as I haven't seen the big ones like I have in years past till this weekend.  

I will say this was one of the most crowded weekends I've seen up there.  Especially at night...  Never seen so many lights out on the water.  Fishing out of Doug's boat we didn't even go up to Rebar as there were a ton of anglers in the water all over the place.  Daytime was packed as well but expect that with the nice weekend and weather.

Forgot to add a few pics from Saturday.  We were fishing up by outlet one.  My wife landed her first flyrod trout too, but it was on a cheater pellet LOL.  She has zero interest in fishing, but she supports my crazy addiction and I knew I could get her hooked up easy... There were a ton of fish up that way once they started generation and we were messing around in the piles of fish up there.

Hats off to Doug for helping a younger kiddo get setup and onto catching fish too.  He had some smiles once he started catching a few.  After a bit of that myself and one of @fshndoug's friends Jeremy slid over under the big tree and we were watching trout slurping bugs off top whenever the wind would blow.  Tied on a big pattern and caught a few during the day on top.  Was super fun watching them come up for the take.  Topwater is awesome when they are active. Caught a few trees too but the pattern in the pic was hot.

topwater.jpg

SarahFlyrod.jpg