Recommendations on Ice Fishing

Did some ice fishing when I lived in the north.  Bare minimum you'll need something to cut a hole in the ice, something to scoop the chips out of the hole you made, and your fishing gear.  

I had an ice chisel, or spud, you can get them online at a lot of places, do a search.  In my opinion the heavier the better, get one with a strap.  If you're fishing in NW MO you're probably never going to chop through more than 8 inches of ice and a chisel can get the job done pretty quickly.  I always targeted panfish and would make several holes in the area I wanted to fish and would move from spot to spot, I always targeted panfish with a little ice jig tipped with a wax worm.  You can buy special ice fishing rods but I always used a 5 foot light spinning rod.  

Be careful and check ice thickness, I always liked 4" minimum of hard ice.

I've basically accepted this is going to be an out of the state trip. I don't really want to buy a bunch of gear since max I would only go once a year and that's assuming I like it enough to give up other trips. 

Its basically a one off idea to just go and experience it. I have zero knowledge in in ice fishing. I don't think there is such a thing as guided ice fishing trips but want to be as close as possible for all inclusive at least this time.