OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MOsmallies

Fall Football

Caught this football last weekend. I don’t think she was much more than 15-16” but was every bit of 3+ lbs. She bit a mag trick worm on a bluff end. That mag trick worm on a 5/16 oz shakey head catches a ton of quality fish from May through October. Lost 3 nice ones including a 5+ on the Whopper Plopper (Midway back in a big creek). Had them on for 5-10 sec before they pulled or jumped off. My bite to land ratio has always been awful with the 130 size. Going to try some #2 Owner Stinger 3X ST-56 Trebles and see if those will make a difference. Also caught a lot of solid fish on the new Tackle HD MF Shakey Head with their soon to be released HD Hellgrammite... This bait is gonna be sweeeeet so keep a look out for it in the coming months!!!

105C3946-3424-4D7E-BF92-76D75CC554CE.jpeg

10 hours ago, MOsmallies said:

Caught this football last weekend. I don’t think she was much more than 15-16” but was every bit of 3+ lbs. She bit a mag trick worm on a bluff end.

105C3946-3424-4D7E-BF92-76D75CC554CE.jpeg

That's a football for sure. Congrats! Also great job on catching some on the HD hellgrammite. 

9 hours ago, MOsmallies said:

Also caught a lot of solid fish on the new Tackle HD MF Shakey Head with their soon to be released HD Hellgrammite... This bait is gonna be sweeeeet so keep a look out for it in the coming months!!!

Saw that helgramite on instagram. That thing's going to slay on a shaky head and c rig!

6 hours ago, conorsixtakc said:

Saw that helgramite on instagram. That thing's going to slay on a shaky head and c rig!

Yeah the action on the thing is unreal. Stands straight up and the tail almost starts curling up