Turnover

conorsixtakc

thanks guys. water looked great this weekend, managed three saturday morning over a couple hours. two dinks on a plopper at first light from the yak, and a small keeper from a shallow brush pile under a cable on a jig. family obligations kept me off the water after that, but anyone with a boat and milk run of shallow piles should have done pretty good.

I did notice a little froth at the water's edge Sunday morning, wouldn't be surprised if the turnover starts here in a few weeks.

IMG_2691.jpg

12 hours ago, Hydro 205 said:

The bite was way off this weekend. Took 14 to win DuPo and 17 to win USA bassin Sunday. We had 4 keepers Saturday lost 2 at the boat that were just holing the end of the worm.  Even the blue gill and war mouth weren’t hitting the shakey head at the bank. 

I experienced the same thing dragging a shaky head around in the rocks on Saturday. Seemed to draw a lot of attention but from the wrong fish. Flipping a 1/2oz jig into the right pile got me clobbered though, so it may have been more of a reaction deal. Conditions Sunday looked tougher so I opted for the breakfast table. 😊

Slothman and I had a go at it in the shallows this evening.  In general the action was very slow but we had a few quality bites on a swim jig.  I think given a full 6-8 hour day we could put together a pretty solid limit.  The first keeper taught us that there's no such thing as "too shallow" right now.

45 minutes ago, shrapnel said:

I think it's turning for sure now, especially the Osage.

Don't you still have a surface temp in the mid 60's up that way ?

Truman is dumping and so are we.  Lake O is getting a transfusion.  I haven't noticed anything resembling a hard turnover.  Just a gentle mixing.  

On the Niangua yesterday temp was 56-58 and the water milky. Looked like turnover to me. Only fish I got were on a Ned fished super slow. I did catch a small Smallmouth, only the second or third I've caught in LOZ.