Free dog

She’s has some energy but not anymore than any other pup I’ve had. Actually calmer than my last pup that was a lab. But we rescued a dachshund a few years ago that had been abused by its owner and other dogs and she’s having a hard time adjusting to a puppy. 

But if I can’t find a good home for her she will have one right here. 

We have three rescue dachshunds, they can definitely be temperamental with new house guests.

We have one with the IVDD back issues and he was trying to get into it with a black lab we were watching for a weekend for a friend.
Little dudes legs just couldn't keep up with trying to keep up with her while we were playing fetch, she couldn't even be bothered with his nipping at her.

slow, small doses is what has always worked for us when introducing friends dogs to ours. Also getting them to spend time together at a dog park, or somewhere that isn't our house. The dogs ours get along with have spent time around them outside of their home turf first before they were brought over to hang out with friends for a game or something. 

Our current dachshund has been the only dog for just a few months. We had one other dachshund and a lab/basset that we had to put down over the summer. And she was never really great with either of them. The lab/basset like to give her hell and the other dachshund was to old to ever care. 

The current one just has some social issues. She doesn't even know how to play. When she eats she has to fill her mouth with food and then carry it off to eat it in private. And she's been with us for 3 years I think. Of course now the puppy follows her and waits for her to drop the food and then runs in and eats it all. Just a big game for her.

If I could just get her through this puppy stage all would be well.