OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Flysmallie

NOT a fishing report.

You could also title this topic "I suck at fishing".

@Chief Grey Bear and I decided to do a little float on the James. We brought another friend along and hoped to put some fish in our hands. NOPE. Besides the nice crappie I swung across the bow before the quick release we saw nada. I don't think I have ever been skunked on the James. Humbling.

But man you couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day. Thoroughly enjoyed just kicking back, having some laughs, emptying some cans, and catching up with long time friends that don't spend enough time together. 

And I took a few pics.

DSC_0155-L.jpg

DSC_0158-L.jpg

DSC_0182-L.jpg

DSC_0186-L.jpg

DJI_0087-L.jpg

DJI_0089-L.jpg

DJI_0091-L.jpg

DJI_0094-L.jpg

DSC_0195-L.jpg

DSC_0204-L.jpg

DSC_0210-L.jpg

DSC_0250-L.jpg

DSC_0253-L.jpg

DSC_0260-L.jpg

DSC_0278-L.jpg

So nice Ronnie!

It isn't always about the catching. It's the process. What a day for you all. The scenery, the friends, the great weather. You had it all and catching the turkeys going over the river and the Eagle above. Well done friend,

BilletHead

1 hour ago, BilletHead said:

You had it all and catching the turkeys going over the river and the Eagle above. 

Thanks. I had been stalking that eagle. I had a 40mm prime lens on with the zoom tucked safely away in the bottom of a dry bag, so I wasn’t exactly prepared. He was staying far enough out in front of me that there was no shot. And then just as the other guys caught up he took off again but this time he headed upstream right towards us. He was going to glide right over the top of us. Grabbed the camera, framed it up, press the button to focus, just a little closer.......and then these idiot turkeys come flying out of the woods and screwed it all up. It was classic.