OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bologna

Thanks to whoever saved my fly rod sat night

I have a better one for ya.  2 ol'boys here at the access came back in from Crappie fishing, tied their boat up to the courtesy dock, stopped to BS with someone in the parking lot, then just hopped in their truck and pulled an empty trailer home.   Didn't realize that they were minus a boat until they got home and one of them went to get a water bottle from the cooler in the boat.  They actually thought they had lost the boat on the highway so they immediately headed back to retrace their path expecting to find the boat totalled along the road somewhere.   Got all the way back to the access and there she was just bobbin' and waiting to be put on the trailer.  

Wouldn't you think a glance in the mirror on the way home would throw up a red flag?   I guess sometimes 2 brains just short circuit at the same time.  🤔

We have all driven off and left stuff. Remember a turn around and a mad dash through a horde of tourists and herd of Buffalo to retrieve a fly rod on the Yellowstone.  The rod & reel was recovered but destroyed. At least the rod was under warranty. 

18 hours ago, fishinwrench said:

Wouldn't you think a glance in the mirror on the way home would throw up a red flag?   I guess sometimes 2 brains just short circuit at the same time.  🤔

Driving across 60 by Cabool yesterday, my backup display came on suddenly. There was nothing behind me. I looked up in the mirror and the boat was still there. Then the image disappeared. The head unit connects wirelessly to the remote camera, it picked up some bodies other camera.