communicating with the mdc

merc1997 Bo

34 minutes ago, olbasser said:

Bo, I agree with your idea of informing MDC.  Small drops of water eventually will break a rock.  In greater number and at a more frequent rate the rock breaks faster.  BUT, I think an economic approach needs to be addressed.  MDC touts the economic impact of trout fishing but you find little information about the economic impact of other fishing.  If we can find a dollar impact, then we have a stronger argument for change.  I would like to see if anyone on this forum can find a $ number . 

i have sent him info from the texas fish and game about the dollar amounts that their stocking programs have impacted just sam rayburn alone.  i can tell you that economically does the mdc make money for their efforts, but the local economies benefit a whole lot.  plus, the fact that texas lakes are full of bass and the average fisherman can catch some bass on a regular basis.

bo

10 hours ago, tjm said:

Wrench, can that correspondence be modified to petition format that we could submit en masse?

I'm sure that it could. But it also could be just as easily ignored.  

I'm quite sure that it got read by several, and they all knew without a doubt that everything I said was 100% true and a valid concern that they could fix if they wanted to.  They just don't want to, for whatever reason, and they also knew that if they replied then that would prove that they read it....and they'd be officially entering into the discussion.  And they are afraid to do that.   

Politics trump's Mission Statement once again.

Bass tournament weigh-in's have NO (zero-zilch-nada) conservation stance. A couple per year wouldn't hurt anything, but 70+ per month.....Come the hell on !

Fact:. They read it. They whispered in the corner about it. They were advised to NOT RESPOND.    Anyone here doubt that ?  

Didn't think so.  So what good is a petition regarding ANYTHING?

So, the subject of what we are supposed communicate with Mr.  Bush is yet to be spelled out, (a just vote for it and read it later kind of thing?) or I missed it? But from some comments I gather this is about stocking Bass in a particular lake?

16 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

I'm quite sure that it got read by several, and they all knew without a doubt that everything I said was 100% true and a valid concern that they could fix if they wanted to.  They just don't want to, for whatever reason, and they also knew that if they replied then that would prove that they read it....and they'd be officially entering into the discussion.  And they are afraid to do that.   

Sounds like the letter I wrote to the school board. They may have never acknowledged that I wrote it and they read it but it still changed some things. I think the problem the MDC has with the tournaments is that it does bring in a lot of money and if they start impacting that then not only do they have to hear about it from all the businesses but they also lose some tax revenue. You want to make a difference? Have a fat sack of cash handy because that's the only thing that most Americans understand. 

Recreational fishermen bring more money to the community than tournament anglers.   Do you suppose that all the tournament anglers would NOT FISH if they didn't have a tournament to enter.  

Again, I'm not anti-tournament, I'm anti-hauling fish to the other end of the lake repeatedly, ad infinitum.  They need to force these guys to alter their scoring practice.  Period. Because apparently they are never gonna do it on their own.

This may only be my observations but the daytime tournament weights here at TRL certainly seem to be consistently smaller on average the past 5 years. If that is true, I think the creel censuses would confirm there is an issue with certain size bass. The censuses year to year would confirm that the largest #s in class size should be moving up to the next class size the following year. For example if there are a larger # per acre of 12” bass and a smaller # per acre of 15” bass in 2015, as they grow there should be a larger # per acre of 15” bass and a smaller # per acre of 18” bass in 2016. (Not scientific but #s used only as an example-given catch rates). If the censuses reflect diminishing #s of certain class size then the MDC should determine why. At the end of the day, even with the smaller winning weights, the number of tournaments is not getting smaller. So the economic impact may not factor into it. We just become accustomed to having a limit around 12 lbs. it is interesting that most night tournaments have heavier weights. I would like to know if other major reservoirs in MO are stocked with bass. And if they are, I would ask why not TRL. Just my rambling thoughts. 

12 minutes ago, m&m said:

I would like to know if other major reservoirs in MO are stocked with bass. And if they are, I would ask why not TRL.

No bass stocking is taking place anywhere, to my knowledge.   Except for the twice-weekly stockings at tournament weigh-in sites.

I doubt that anyone here knows Shane Bush better than Mr. Babler, who has stated repeatedly that there will be no bass stocked into Table Rock in the foreseeable future. Don't know where all of those derby-generated dollars are going but they ain't buying us any more bass. 

ClassActionTransparent.png