A couple short BilletHead hunts,

BilletHead

Just a couple short hunts,

Yesterday I went solo. Running late by the time I picked a spot it was shooting time. Threw out the decoys and sat for a couple hours and was gifted a wood duck. This is by far the nicest one I have ever shot. The blues were vivid and bright,

thumbnail_1106180843 - Copy.jpgthumbnail_1106180847b - Copy.jpgthumbnail_1106180847c - Copy.jpg

This morning the Mrs. was off work. I asked do you want to go and there was a quick yes. Went back to same area this time we were running time wise perfect. Sky was beginning to brighten up behind Pat as she was waiting,thumbnail_1107180604 - Copy.jpg  This morning we scored on three ducks. Two blue wings and another wood duck. Big ducks were working some and there were some near misses. One of those deals when you hunt public ground. Get birds working and there was a party set up pretty close, close enough we could hear them hollering at the dog. They would shoot and our working birds would flare. Not complaining it is what it is. Left out around nineish and headed to the house.

thumbnail_1107181132_HDR - Copy.jpgGrilled the woodies and had salad from the fall garden. Big weather change coming. We will see what it brings. To me the split sucks but again I cannot complain. Did not voice my opinion. With three archery deer between the Mrs. and I would not be deer hunting anyway. Much rather be duck hunting next week,

The BilletHeads

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

23 minutes ago, BilletHead said:

Just a couple short hunts,

Yesterday I went solo. Running late by the time I picked a spot it was shooting time. Threw out the decoys and sat for a couple hours and was gifted a wood duck. This is by far the nicest one I have ever shot. The blues were vivid and bright,

thumbnail_1106180843 - Copy.jpgthumbnail_1106180847b - Copy.jpgthumbnail_1106180847c - Copy.jpg

That's an awesome wood duck drake buddy! That one would likely cost me $500+ because i would have to have it mounted. Congrats to you and the Mrs. on a couple successful hunts. Jealous here in Maryland.

6 hours ago, Linhardt said:

Beautiful Birds there @BilletHead .  Looks like the season has been treating you well these first few days.  I have yet to get out.

Hey Anthony,

Try to start going out. Green is showing up and overnight snows showed up. The marsh was full of them this morning as well as specks. 

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead