Fishing the opening, 11/9

bkbying89

The water in the Fly fishing only area was high and a little murky but very fishable. I was with a large group and everyone caught fish. Some caught over twenty fish. The black Wooly-Bugger was the hot fly for many. The fish I caught was a nice size 14 to 16 inches and real fat. It was cold and windy with a little snow on the ground. At the end of the day, the sun popped out giving a great end to the day veiw downstream.

1 hour ago, bkbying89 said:

The water in the Fly fishing only area was high and a little murky but very fishable. I was with a large group and everyone caught fish. Some caught over twenty fish. The black Wooly-Bugger was the hot fly for many. The fish I caught was a nice size 14 to 16 inches and real fat. It was cold and windy with a little snow on the ground. At the end of the day, the sun popped out giving a great end to the day veiw downstream.

Congrats on a decent trout! Thanks for posting! Now if we could get you guys to use a camera😌.

8 hours ago, Johnsfolly said:

Congrats on a decent trout! Thanks for posting! Now if we could get you guys to use a camera😌.

First I have to get a phone that has a decent camera. Or a camera! Seriously, I drop and ruin more electronics than I can afford. 

Bill

Try looking at the Olympus stylus Tough. I've had a lot of success with an older version. Water proof/resistant and shock proof. Dropped ours many times and used it underwater.

2 hours ago, Johnsfolly said:

Try looking at the Olympus stylus Tough. I've had a lot of success with an older version. Water proof/resistant and shock proof. Dropped ours many times and used it underwater.

I have an Olympus Tough TG-2. I love it. It takes some really fantastic pictures for a point-and-shoot, especially underwater. 

16 hours ago, Johnsfolly said:

14 hours ago, slothman said:

I have an Olympus Tough TG-2. I love it. It takes some really fantastic pictures for a point-and-shoot, especially underwater. 

Thanks for the tip guys. Maybe after I ruin the current phone.

Bill

Gives a whole new meaning to having a crappy signal,

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead