Grandpas ol' hand me down.

JohnP

43 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

Can you still buy those label makers and rolls of stuff ?  

I haven't seen one of those in ages.

Was just thinking about those the other day. Those labels last forever. They’re out there

John

The label maker was a good idea.  My collectable hand me down is an old Savage 99 in .22 Hi Power.  It has Dad's name engraved on the receiver with one of the old buzzer engravers that was just a bunch of dots.  Of course, I will never sell it, just keep passing it along.  Along with the dies to reload and bullets from the 60's.  Grand kid will have to keep the family name going from my side somehow.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

1 hour ago, ness said:

Was just thinking about those the other day. Those labels last forever. They’re out there

Yay!    I want one.   

I feel the need to label my wife and these children daily.  

When I was just a little 3/16 wrench I got ahold of dad's label maker and put REFRIGERATOR on the fridge, PHONE on the phone, OVEN....SINK....and so on.  

I got yelled at. 😥   Nobody but me thought it was cool. Actually I got yelled at twice....cuz mom broke a nail getting the one off the toaster.

3 hours ago, jdmidwest said:

The label maker was a good idea.  My collectable hand me down is an old Savage 99 in .22 Hi Power.  It has Dad's name engraved on the receiver with one of the old buzzer engravers that was just a bunch of dots.  Of course, I will never sell it, just keep passing it along.  Along with the dies to reload and bullets from the 60's.  Grand kid will have to keep the family name going from my side somehow.

Grandpa also engraved his name in the bolt and the side of the bolt release.

7 hours ago, JohnP said:

Grandpa also engraved his name in the bolt and the side of the bolt release.

He wasn’t gonna let there be any question of who’s gun that was! 😄 

Cool story. 

John

13 hours ago, Gavin said:

Pete, my buddy Joe W  collects, buys & sells antique & collectable fly tackle. I don’t know if if you know him, but I can PM you his contact info if you want an estimate of value or want to sell some stuff. 

I've sold a couple rods I've had over the years but that's it.  One was a custom 14 weight made by some famous guy at the Golden Gate Casting and Angling Club in San Francisco.  He was a real nice guy and I sold it back to him.  I had his contact info in the rod tube.

I've only used 3 rods my whole life for trout fishing.  A custom my dad had made for me, a Sage VPS and now a Helios.  All fast 5 weights.