Jump to content
OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JohnP

Grandpas ol' hand me down.

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

Can you still buy those label makers and rolls of stuff ?  

I haven't seen one of those in ages.

Was just thinking about those the other day. Those labels last forever. They’re out there

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The label maker was a good idea.  My collectable hand me down is an old Savage 99 in .22 Hi Power.  It has Dad's name engraved on the receiver with one of the old buzzer engravers that was just a bunch of dots.  Of course, I will never sell it, just keep passing it along.  Along with the dies to reload and bullets from the 60's.  Grand kid will have to keep the family name going from my side somehow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ness said:

Was just thinking about those the other day. Those labels last forever. They’re out there

 

 

Yay!    I want one.   

I feel the need to label my wife and these children daily.  

When I was just a little 3/16 wrench I got ahold of dad's label maker and put REFRIGERATOR on the fridge, PHONE on the phone, OVEN....SINK....and so on.  

I got yelled at. 😥   Nobody but me thought it was cool. Actually I got yelled at twice....cuz mom broke a nail getting the one off the toaster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jdmidwest said:

The label maker was a good idea.  My collectable hand me down is an old Savage 99 in .22 Hi Power.  It has Dad's name engraved on the receiver with one of the old buzzer engravers that was just a bunch of dots.  Of course, I will never sell it, just keep passing it along.  Along with the dies to reload and bullets from the 60's.  Grand kid will have to keep the family name going from my side somehow.

Grandpa also engraved his name in the bolt and the side of the bolt release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JohnP said:

Grandpa also engraved his name in the bolt and the side of the bolt release.

He wasn’t gonna let there be any question of who’s gun that was! 😄 

Cool story. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Gavin said:

Pete, my buddy Joe W  collects, buys & sells antique & collectable fly tackle. I don’t know if if you know him, but I can PM you his contact info if you want an estimate of value or want to sell some stuff. 

I've sold a couple rods I've had over the years but that's it.  One was a custom 14 weight made by some famous guy at the Golden Gate Casting and Angling Club in San Francisco.  He was a real nice guy and I sold it back to him.  I had his contact info in the rod tube.

I've only used 3 rods my whole life for trout fishing.  A custom my dad had made for me, a Sage VPS and now a Helios.  All fast 5 weights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.