OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Bushbeater

The Big Dogs are Out

Decided to go out for a bit with my son this afternoon. First spot we stopped at I had 2 whites and he got a nice football Kentucky. After we left fish to find fish it went downhill. Couldn't help but notice lots of pro boats running around, we had 2 come in on us while we were in the back ends of coves. The would fly in to the backs of the coves, throw spinnerbaits about 5 minutes and fly out. We were fishing the point at Windemere about 4:30 when they all were headed for Larry Gale. Had to go by the ramp to see who they were, talked to Jeremy Lawyer a bit and found it was the Missouri Invitational Bass and Golf. Took a couple pics, but for some reason they won't upload today.

Let me explain a bit more. Water temp at MM 15 on the Niangua was 45 degrees at 2 Pm today. at the 54 bridge 43 . at MM 8 (Windemere) 50+. Been getting bit pretty good throwing  squarebills or jerkbaits on shallow banks with shad nearby. I think these next few days will be really good. Get out and make some reports.

Great info... Lawyer is in 2nd after 2 days... Mark Tucker took the lead. Looks like they are going to be fishing for a 3rd day instead of golf. Love following this event!

1 hour ago, fishinwrench said:

Who won it last year, or has everyone else already forgott´╗┐en too ?

No checking on the internet !!!

John Hewkin and whoever he fished with. Only reason I remember is because he is a Cowtown guy.

1 hour ago, Seth said:

John Hewkin and whoever he fished with. Only reason I remember is because he is a Cowtown guy.

Jeremy Lawyer and John Hewkin