Jet motor linkage help

I can't figure out how to hook the linkage to the shift rod.  I bought an old jet lower off eBay...the guy lived in Boise.

then I bought a 25hp Johnson off a guy in West plains...

I've got Johnson running...jet hooked to it...talked to the guy in San leandro...he sent me the only linkage part he has...but I can't figure it out.

think somehow that bracket attaches to this bolt under this shifter...but if it does attach directly to that bolt...i think it would be facing the wrong direction...think skinny instead of fat.

Is there some sort of piece that protrudes out from it to mount the bracket to...so that it hangs flat like the picture of the mounting bracket on the 35 hp?

Not sure if that makes sense...

please see pics...and help...thanks

jet mounting bracket.jpeg

bolt under shifter_linkage.jpg

1013181104a.jpg

If I try to mount directly to shifter it is too short...there are a couple screws there at the bottom...but I don't think it mounts to those.

This pic is dark...and on the 18hp...but shifter is similar

1115180700.jpg

Thanks for your help.  Im not very mechanical...so my descriptions stink.

I haven't mounted the bracket yet...was just holding it up by those 2 screws at bottom of shift lever...not real sure what those 2 screws do but if it connected to those...the way it bends up and around...I think the angle would be off...so that is why I thought it attaches to that bolt underneath shift lever that runs perpendicular

The rod is 8 inches or so too short to attach directly to shift lever

• 2 weeks later...