OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Troutguy

White River Info

I've been a member of this board since 2010, and have just one question please.

If a person could buy a lot near the White river, what town (or county) would you choose to be near some good floating and fishing?

I just retired after 49-years of hard work and ready to do some good fishing for a change.

Thanks

You might not like my answer, but it is truthful and accurate. There is Good fishing and floating all up and down the river. I would concentrate my search on areas that have the easiest routes to town or a highway. Also look for proximity to the various boat ramps. 

FWIW, We have a home over looking the White River near Cotter.

I am in Salem Arkansas at the moment.  Pretty well centralized between the White River and Norfork and my old time standby Spring River.  Nice little laid back town with a pretty advanced medical center.  Property values should be cheaper than those nearer the main lakes.  I could kick back here and spend my last years.  Hunting is pretty good here too. 

Waterfront lots are way too expensive for what I need. All I want is a small lot to park my RV on when in the area, which may be a week a month to begin with. Country lots are nice, but then there's the problem with power, water and sewage. It's all about $$$$$$$$.