Jump to content
OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
gotmuddy

Jigfest weather

Recommended Posts

Really need to hear from the guys bringing the boats. You guys are the ones that are going to have issues with the predicted weather conditions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Johnsfolly said:

Jeff

I'm still planning on the drive down Friday. Biggest concern that would stop me from going is if the cost per person goes much above $160. I know that depends upon those that commit to going. Do you have a total number of folks to keep the cost at $150 or below?

Only myself and I believe BH are the only cancellations I have seen so far, and looks like Jester's is bringing one more, so should still be at 16, which works out to 112.50 per person.  I'm still coming down Thursday, so I am committed to paying my share.  If the weather moderates, I'll stay, but I think that is doubtful.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the forecast looking like? 3 to 5 inches of snow saturday? My truck is down but my friend was going to pull the boat wth his.  I'm pretty sure he still wants to go.  At the same time if boat is frozen and can't circulate water,  etc. it won't do much good.  Even if we cancel i will still pay our part of the lodges.  Would hate to see others get screwed out of that deal.  Might want to think about getting payments from people earlier next year.  Not saying anyone is dishonest; just thinking about the people who still go regardless of weather

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s wait until Wednesday and see what they guess then. Jeff can call Miles and discuss the issues with him. IF we need less space or need to cancel all together, I’m sure Miles will work with us. 

It is possible that road conditions will be so bad that we need to scrap the whole deal. I hate it, but it might be that way. Took me at least 40 years to realize some weather is just not safe to fish in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, mreed81 said:

 What's the forecast looking like? 3 to 5 inches of snow saturday? My truck is down but my friend was going to pull the boat wth his.  I'm pretty sure he still wants to go.  At the same time if boat is frozen and can't circulate water,  etc. it won't do much good.  Even if we cancel i will still pay our part of the lodges.  Would hate to see others get screwed out of that deal.  Might want to think about getting payments from people earlier next year.  Not saying anyone is dishonest; just thinking about the people who still go regardless of weather

              I'm with you mreed on paying my part and will do my best getting it down there or to Quillback. As far as frozen boat it was colder last year than it will be this time. Only problem I had was cables on the jet gate frozen. All it needed was a few minutes in the sun to warm up the cable and was good to go. Boat froze to trailer but again as soon as it hit the water instant thaw. I am going to miss all my friends and the new ones I would be meeting! 

   BilletHead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BilletHead said:

              I'm with you mreed on paying my part and will do my best getting it down there or to Quillback. As far as frozen boat it was colder last year than it will be this time. Only problem I had was cables on the jet gate frozen. All it needed was a few minutes in the sun to warm up the cable and was good to go. Boat froze to trailer but again as soon as it hit the water instant thaw. I am going to miss all my friends and the new ones I would be meeting! 

   BilletHead

Gotchya. That makes sense about the thawing out.  I think my biggest concern as of now is pulling the boat in the snow.  I have a pretty big hike to get there abd get back home and have no idea what kind of country roads we'll be on. If they are plowed that's not a big deal but if they aren't then that is what concerns me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mreed81 said:

Gotchya. That makes sense about the thawing out.  I think my biggest concern as of now is pulling the boat in the snow.  I have a pretty big hike to get there abd get back home and have no idea what kind of country roads we'll be on. If they are plowed that's not a big deal but if they aren't then that is what concerns me. 

Based on my experience with AR roads, IF the forecasted amount of snow falls, the side roads will be pretty bad.  State HWY's will be marginal.  They'll usually plow and sand the HWY's first, then get to the back roads, there's just not enough equipment for them to get everything done quickly.  It's supposed to be cold after the snow for a couple of nights so there won't be any melting of the ice on the roads right away.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Quillback said:

My main concern is getting back to Miles on lodging should we lose a lot of people.  I don't know if he'll want any money should we cancel, I can call him tomorrow and find out.  I think we need a show of hands as to who is determined to go (and needs to stay) in the worst case scenario of several inches of snow.  Can't wait until Wednesday, unless it's no big deal to Miles.  

I'm going unless I will be alone.  Thursday to get there looks like it will be fine and so will Sunday to get home.  Tyler is out now due to finals schedule, so it will just be me.  There will be a snow shovel and some salt in the truck just in case the ramp needs it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.