Jump to content
OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
JestersHK

Jigfest 2018 now Taneyfest 2018 due to weather...

Recommended Posts

If Phil has boats available to rent my group was thinking about getting one for a day or two.  Still figuring that out...  Might help to spread us out some.  We may have a straggler as it can get crowded 4 in a boat...

Also if you guys have waders I will likely fish every night, and possibly during the day depending on boats and flows, up in the trophy area.  Bring a headlamp, gloves, and warm layers if you'd like to join in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JestersHK said:

If Phil has boats available to rent my group was thinking about getting one for a day or two.  Still figuring that out...  Might help to spread us out some.  We may have a straggler as it can get crowded 4 in a boat...

Also if you guys have waders I will likely fish every night, and possibly during the day depending on boats and flows, up in the trophy area.  Bring a headlamp, gloves, and warm layers if you'd like to join in.

I brought five rod and reel combos, waders, two headlamps, hand and foot warmers, hat, jerkbaits, zig jigs, plastics, and will likely pick up some redworms in case I get the itch to run to some creeks for micros! And with all of that maybe I will catch a fish or two and not lose all my tackle getting Follyrigged on the bottom :o!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Johnsfolly said:

I brought five rod and reel combos, waders, two headlamps, hand and foot warmers, hat, jerkbaits, zig jigs, plastics, and will likely pick up some redworms in case I get the itch to run to some creeks for micros! And with all of that maybe I will catch a fish or two and not lose all my tackle getting Follyrigged on the bottom :o!

Hahaha,

I haven't even began packing my stuff yet LOL  Sounds like you got it covered!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, JestersHK said:

Hahaha,

I haven't even began packing my stuff yet LOL  Sounds like you got it covered!

I had the advantage, I got to pack last Sat/Sun in order to head to Missouri. I even got to pay to fly with my fishing rods :unsure:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rental boats - I have the 18' jons with 25 hp Yamahas.  $30 should cover gas and such... they fish 3 comfortably.

Rooms, I have plenty of room.  May have a few cancel on account of the weather but we almost full yesterday so we can afford to lose a few.  Understand about cancelling due to weather...

I think you'll find fishing pretty good.  Hopefully you'll see a little running water in the mornings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Phil! The flow pattern looks pretty awesome if they stick with it.  I think myself and the 3 with me are the only ones coming down Thursday night at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Terrierman said:

Thanks Phil.  Please count me in for Thursday for certain, after that who knows?  Will also want to rent a slip for as long as I am there if possible. 

ok got it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.