Tackle HD Hellgrammite

Mitch f

Awesome bucketmouth @Hog WallyI'm so ready to get back on the water. I put the new Ultrex on the boat and then went off to Colorado chasing elk. I've been cleaning up my boat and tackle today while boiling some deer skulls for euro mounts so hopefully I'll be ready to roll starting next weekend.

Ol Tommy has been pestering me wanting to head up to Thomas Hill for some crappie. I think that might be game plan number one.

On 12/16/2018 at 2:25 PM, fishinwrench said:

I'm actually talking about a bubble-gum floating lizard with a hook just barely heavy enough to pull it sub-surface.  Then fished "walk the dog" fashion under the surface.  (like a Fluke)

Bass will absolutely not tolerate that thing in their area, and nothing is more fun than watching that pink light go out.  😊 You can even see it at night if there's a little bit of moon glow.   

Nobody makes floating lizards anymore. 😥

Wrench, You may not want to, but you could make a bunch yourself for under $100...

Lizard Mold - https://www.lurecraft.com/Plastic-Mold-432/productinfo/5X432/

Floating Plastisol - https://www.pouryourownworms.com/Regular-Liquid-Plastic-1-Gallon-Free-Shipping-US-Only-2228LP-1-Gallon-Inside-US.htm

Color - https://www.barlowstackle.com/MF-Non-Bleed-Colors-for-Liquid-Plastic-P3699.aspx

3 minutes ago, MOsmallies said:

That's the wrong mold, but I guess I could make a proper mold from plaster.   

I really should get busy on this in all honesty.  I don't know that pouring them would work well.  Injected 2 piece molds may be needed to get good consistency.  They need to all have equal mass.  

2 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

Could you inject air in regular one like a night crawler??

It wouldn't work right.  

Something about that body shape and the little legs pointed forward so they flap down when jerked causes it to walk in the sexiest way.    It was a freak discovery and myself and only 6-8 guys kept it under our hats for a long LONG time, but then suddenly they stopped making them and we all exhausted our supplies.    We literally ruled April-June tournaments on LO, Pomme, Truman by fishing these things (no exaggeration whatsoever).   Just one of those weird little things that works like magic and darn few know about.    Merthiolate worms and such "get bit" too, but that lizard, if you know the trick to it, catches TOADS.   

59 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

It wouldn't work right.  

Something about that body shape and the little legs pointed forward so they flap down when jerked causes it to walk in the sexiest way.    It was a freak discovery and myself and only 6-8 guys kept it under our hats for a long LONG time, but then suddenly they stopped making them and we all exhausted our supplies.    We literally ruled April-June tournaments on LO, Pomme, Truman by fishing these things (no exaggeration whatsoever).   Just one of those weird little things that works like magic and darn few know about.    Merthiolate worms and such "get bit" too, but that lizard, if you know the trick to it, catches TOADS.   

What was the brand?

29 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

I couldn’t find any that look like that.  

Yeah, you won't. 

They were originally produced by Yum back in the early 90's,. then BPS had them in their "tournament series" line of soft plastics, then they discontinued them and we bought up all the remaining bags we could find in liquidation.   To my knowledge there isn't a single bag left anywhere in the world.  Believe me I've looked!

I've been up Mitch's butt about them for several years.  He has a few to copy.