Been awhile.. Slab Sunday

Lance34

Sorry for not posting in awhile.  I haven’t fished Beaver much since like the beginning of August.  Maybe 4 times to just hide from the wind and run around looking.   

Went elsewhere in Arkansas... 

Yesterday got started after church around 1ish and had a limit by 2:30...  They were mad🤣

41 degree WT, rigging straight meat, 9-11 fow 8 feet down.

Enjoy them days where it hurts reaching down in the minnow bucket...

God Bless...  Good Fishing Lance 

Pics below of some summer catches and yesterday’s

ACAD55AD-1B3B-48DB-9F24-4C00CCDF415B.jpeg

5CA7EC12-0338-472F-B2FE-79215ED044F3.jpeg

B2EA6ED5-9742-4E41-B352-39ECFC70026A.jpeg

D55F74DA-4587-4B2B-B299-937ED1723C0F.jpeg

This post has been promoted to an article

The BilletHead's always enjoy your posts Lance including the magic on posting those fine stringers of crappie!

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

Fantastic crappie.  I was out on the Rock early this morning and in the Dam area of Table Rock the surface temp is 51 degree.  At Campbell Pt. it was 50 when I pulled off yesterday and Quill up the White had 48.

Reason for my post other than to say you did good was 41 degree on Beaver is really cool.  Most usually those lakes will be a little closer at times with Beaver warmer by a degree or two.

Again, great job on the slabs.

3 hours ago, Bill Babler said:

Fantastic crappie.  I was out on the Rock early this morning and in the Dam area of Table Rock the surface temp is 51 degree.  At Campbell Pt. it was 50 when I pulled off yesterday and Quill up the White had 48.

Reason for my post other than to say you did good was 41 degree on Beaver is really cool.  Most usually those lakes will be a little closer at times with Beaver warmer by a degree or two.

Again, great job on the slabs.

We had a similar discussion about this last year about this time of year.  Members had their doubts that I had a reading of 37 degrees... Thought my graph was wrong... (Two days later it was frozen over for about two weeks) 

Just like this time as last I was way, way, way, on up river where it’s colder.  The lakes temps might run more similar more in the main parts of the lake?  idk 

Thanks.