What are your fishing goals for 2019??

gotmuddy

Just now, Terrierman said:

Are you retarded?  This is for 2019 fishing goals....

Hey you need to know where you have been before you can set where you want to go next ;)!

So for 2019

Catch 2 new darter species including a tessellated darter

Catch a Musky or Pike in PA or Maryland

Catch an American shad

Catch two new shark species plus a dogfish species

Catch two new sunfish species (hoping to catch at least one species when fishing with Ham in Oct)

Catch a new sculpin and a creek chubsucker

When in Missouri/Arkansas fish with a couple of OAF members that I have not fished with previously.

Help my daughter and others achieve their goals if possible

1 minute ago, Ham said:

Well, I guess so, but I might or might not fish The White that much in 2019. 

I adopted a distraction last Friday. 

F5CEA581-98B4-481E-B841-EE99DE54CB36.jpeg

Well then.  Suggestion.  Fish with that dog ASAP. You won't be sorry!

What a look so soon,  Nice.

4 minutes ago, Johnsfolly said:

Hey you need to know where you have been before you can set where you want to go next ;)!

So for 2019

Catch 2 new darter species including a tessellated darter

Catch a Musky or Pike in PA or Maryland

Catch an American shad

Catch two new shark species plus a dogfish species

Catch two new sunfish species (hoping to catch at least one species when fishing with Ham in Oct)

Catch a new sculpin and a creek chubsucker

When in Missouri/Arkansas fish with a couple of OAF members that I have not fished with previously.

Help my daughter and others achieve their goals if possible

Great. 

Just great.  Not one word about fishing with me.  Thanks a lot used to be buddy.:D

9 minutes ago, Terrierman said:

Great. 

Just great.  Not one word about fishing with me.  Thanks a lot used to be buddy.:D

Hey you called me retarded 😜. If we end up on the White in March I would be happy to fish with you buddy.

Just get out more and get my daughters on some fish more often. Highlight of my year was fishing with my daughters. Present goal is to catch an Upper Current River Trifecta on the upcoming winter trip (Brown, Rainbow, Smallmouth). Bonus if I get a big fish or two. I don’t know what Laker’s definition of a lunker is, but he has caught a bunch of them including a state record brown on a fly rod.

7 hours ago, Ham said:

Well, I guess so, but I might or might not fish The White that much in 2019. 

I adopted a distraction last Friday. 

F5CEA581-98B4-481E-B841-EE99DE54CB36.jpeg

I know how you feel about dogs in the boat but bet that dog would like a boat ride :) ,

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

11 hours ago, Terrierman said:

To me, lunker freshwater fish other than crappie and other panfish are 5 lb. plus.  They are out there, but rare.  That's what makes them a lunker.  A 5 lb catfish of anything other than bullhead is most assuredly NOT a lunker.  Those guys start at 15 to 25 depending on the species.  A lunker paddlefish is 70 plus.

I would consider a lunker musky in Missouri is one over 40 inches. I would push largemouth to over 7 lbs and smallmouth over 4 lbs as lunkers. Rainbows i could agree with 3 lbs and 4 lbs for browns.

This post caught my eye.  Not a regular poster, only get to the ozarks a few times a year.  But read you guys exploits everyday.

Just found out I have myeloma, a cancer of the bone marrow.  Will limit my fishing time for the next 7 or 8 months while I have chemo and a bone marrow transplant.  So need  something to keep me sane.  Thinking about and planning fishing efforts is that thing.  My goal is to get back on the water asap and meet some more ozark anglers.  Got to go on jigfest two years ago and met  Ham,  quillback and billethead.  So that's my baseline.  Wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!