Off Topic Christmas Spending

Bill Babler

As I mentioned the majority of this stuff was back in the Hayday.  Still out there somewhat and Wrench was right about the warranty.  I was told I would have to  pay out of my pocket for repairs.  This was to keep the warranty clear and be able to let the new buyer get the original warranty.  Again,  I was lucky and the dealership would fix it no charge to me or for cripes sakes when I was down here Fred would fix it.  NC.

Guys that had straight motor deals the motor company usually would pay parts and labor. 

As again mentioned way backin off that these days.

All this has changed now as everyone buys the boats, even the big boys.  Yes there are a few guys running around with D-tags but not much.  If you look on FLW and BASS boats you will see state numbers and tags.

As far as the warranties now of day they are so many years with more available for purchase that it is just enforced upon purchase no mater who buys it.

All these guys have to sell their boats.  Use to just turn them back in.

This is all advertising and goes under that budget.  Billboard, radio, TV or giving an on water test drive to 300 people a year that are fishermen, or seeing it with your favorite pro

Who can say whats the best advertising medium.  For sure advertising is built into the cost of every unit.

Look at the Billions spent on car ads, that has got to get paid back somewhere.

Forrest Wood started all this and every other boat company piled on board. 

It worked, they sold boats.

7 hours ago, Bill Babler said:

As I mentioned the majority of this stuff was back in the Hayday.  Still out there somewhat and Wrench was right about the warranty.  I was told I would have to  pay out of my pocket for repairs.  This was to keep the warranty clear and be able to let the new buyer get the original warranty.  Again,  I was lucky and the dealership would fix it no charge to me or for cripes sakes when I was down here Fred would fix it.  NC.

Guys that had straight motor deals the motor company usually would pay parts and labor. 

As again mentioned way backin off that these days.

All this has changed now as everyone buys the boats, even the big boys.  Yes there are a few guys running around with D-tags but not much.  If you look on FLW and BASS boats you will see state numbers and tags.

As far as the warranties now of day they are so many years with more available for purchase that it is just enforced upon purchase no mater who buys it.

All these guys have to sell their boats.  Use to just turn them back in.

This is all advertising and goes under that budget.  Billboard, radio, TV or giving an on water test drive to 300 people a year that are fishermen, or seeing it with your favorite pro

Who can say whats the best advertising medium.  For sure advertising is built into the cost of every unit.

Look at the Billions spent on car ads, that has got to get paid back somewhere.

Forrest Wood started all this and every other boat company piled on board. 

It worked, they sold boats.

bill, no matter how you pretty it up, the cash paying consumer still pays for it.  that is the bottom line so to speak.

bo

7 hours ago, merc1997 said:

bill, no matter how you pretty it up, the cash paying consumer still pays for it.  that is the bottom line so to speak.

bo

I was once told a Ranger has about $7000 in advertising cost as part of the price tag.

53 minutes ago, ness said:

Of course the customer pays for marketing. And parts, labor, commissions, executive salaries, everything. That’s where the money comes from. 

I train store managers from all over the country. I explain the same thing to them. The profit from sales is what pays for EVERYTHING. You would be surprised how many light bulbs come on when they hear that. Immediately changes their outlook on what they are doing. 

1 hour ago, Flysmallie said:

I train store managers from all over the country. I explain the same thing to them. The profit from sales is what pays for EVERYTHING. You would be surprised how many light bulbs come on when they hear that. Immediately changes their outlook on what they are doing. 

How do you become a store manager and not know that?  🤔

39 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

How do you become a store manager and not know that?  🤔

It’s not that they don’t know it but sometimes they get wrapped up in their own store and don’t realize the big picture. I bring them to our corporate HQ in Raleigh and make sure they realize that the things they sell have to pay for not only their store but all of that too. And I have to make sure they understand the value in that. 

But I think you would be surprised at how little most people in business know so little about things like that. It’s why a lot of them don’t last. 

2 hours ago, Flysmallie said:

Lots of folks are screaming for higher corporate taxes don't get the idea that corporations where possible raise the price to offset the taxes which affects the consumers. Also raising minimum wage in fast food places are more likely to lead to more automation and staff reductions.

16 minutes ago, Johnsfolly said:

Lots of folks are screaming for higher corporate taxes don't get the idea that corporations where possible raise the price to offset the taxes which affects the consumers. Also raising minimum wage in fast food places are more likely to lead to more automation and staff reductions.

Well this just veered into a minefield.