OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Ham

Looking for Bait Casting rod recommendations

So, I ended up going with a Falcon Lowrider Weightless Worm.

LFC - 67MH

12-20 lb line , 1/4-3/4 oz, 6’7” , and a little shorter handle. Thanks for all the suggestions. 

After it gets some use, I’ll do a rod review. I plan on spoiling up 17 lb mono on a 6.3 : 1 reel. 

I think it’s going to fish several things pretty well. It is light in hand and feels about right. Time will tell. 

I have had a chance to use Falcon. It is doing all the right things so far. I am not 100% sure that it is a MH that pull a big Largemouth out of a logjam, but it is light and pleasant to fish. Throws well and keeps the fish pinned. 

I think it would handle jerkbaits and full size wacky rugged stuff well. I think it is a little to flexy for  3/4 oz Bait. Not Unhappy with the purchase., bu5 not sure that it checks all the boxes either. 

@Ham if we lived closer or could get together, I have the aforementioned 2017 Tourney Special 6'6" MH I'd sell you cheap enough. It's a nice rod, but I've got others that I lean on for similar duty and it isn't being used. 

My favorite crankbait rod is the majorcraft nanoace jerkbait/crankbait rod. FYI, the medium is more like a medium light (not always a problem) and the medium heavy is more of a medium.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Major_Craft_Nanoace_Crankbait_Jerkbait_Casting_Rods/descpage-MCNNACB.html