Article Help--Top Trout Tips

Hey Everyone, Happy New Year--hope you catch your biggest fish in 2019.

I am working on on article now for Lake Taneycomo fishing--send me your top tips. 

If I use yours, I will cite you in the article (by real name or OAF name--your choice. Personally, OAF names would be hilarious to non-members).

Let me see what you've got!

“To those devoid of imagination a blank place on the map is a useless waste; to others, the most valuable part.”--Aldo Leopold

Alright, let's do top ten. Regardless of number, I need as many as I can to narrow them down.

“To those devoid of imagination a blank place on the map is a useless waste; to others, the most valuable part.”--Aldo Leopold

23 minutes ago, ness said:

I'm no Taney expert, but I read. In my opinion, 100 tips is about 85 to 90 too many. No offense intended -- just trying to help. 

I understand what you're saying, but I would like to counter. Maybe 1 through 95 don't help me, but 96 through 100 would.

..bring waders to fish by the dam.  

.. wear polarized sunglasses.

..expect to be evacuated if the horn sounds.  

..bring a large net (your not fishing for butterflies in Taney) . 

... a fishing vest or similar helps keep your hands free.   

I know these are simple, but they are things I learned from my visit.  I will add more as I think of them.  

Money is just ink and paper, worthless until it switches hands, and worthless again until the next transaction. (me)

I am the master of my unspoken words, and the slave to those that should have remained unsaid. (unknown)

Fish every day . If not every day fish as often as you can. Use all your lures and all your methods til you find the bite. Try to learn something every time you fish. Quit before your arm starts to hurt.

Can't think any more that aren't covered by these.

Disclaimer, these may not apply on Taney, never really been there except as a drive-by; but in general they have been my guides.

Stop in a local marina, tackle shop such as Lilley's for current info. 

Be open to fishing in the dark, the larger fish come out then.   Bring a headlamp, with extra batteries. 

Just because you can see the fish, doesn't mean you will catch them. 

Money is just ink and paper, worthless until it switches hands, and worthless again until the next transaction. (me)

I am the master of my unspoken words, and the slave to those that should have remained unsaid. (unknown)

1 hour ago, Daryk Campbell Sr said:

I understand what you're saying, but I would like to counter. Maybe 1 through 95 don't help me, but 96 through 100 would.

Well, if you'd stick with it through 95 unhelpful tips you've got a better attention span than me :D

John

Read Ozarks anglers forums and specifically the Upper Taneycomo Forum. It is all here Ryan!    

Use my name too :) ,

BilletHead 

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead