OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Dock-in-it

Tagged largemouth in Kim City area

I'm betting that an individual tagged this fish and it hasn't been tagged long.  Typically,  tagging studies include tags with contact info on it so the angler can report the catch to the researcher. Also, the tags tend to become covered with algae after several months.

Several years ago my youngest son caught a tagged fish in king's.   I notified mdc and they confirmed it.   My son noticed the tag,  i was oblivious to it.   It was a keeper.   Can't remember how many they said were tagged.   Anyway we thought it was pretty neat. 

12 hours ago, Sprint21fter said:

I caught one with a transmitter/tracking antenna embedded in front of the anal hole. Had a 2 inch cable hanging out of it. Thought it was Interesting!

Shoulda drove it around for a day or two to mess with the people that tagged it:D

Several folks last Spring reported snagging spoonbill that had radio transmitters attached to them.  Supposedly MDC said they weren't theirs.... but who else would have/could have done it?

You'd think if it was theirs that they'd want them back.....so who knows.  

14 hours ago, Quillback said:

Has to be the Russians...

Nah, the Russians are our friends now. Some say they even help us elect presidents. Had to be ISIS.