Did anybody see this? Mercury in all fish now.

dan hufferd

4 hours ago, trythisonemv said:

what was this you say.... faux acid trip? ... what kinda toy... I mean so I can stay away from them 😉😉😉😆

They are just little spongy critters, I dunno.  Young kids are all crazy about them now.....and maybe NOW we know why. 😄

They do release an odd chemical smell when you squeeze around on them.  

The FDA doesn't monitor or regulate what can be used as scent or in construction.  It's kind of a new "worry".  Not unfounded though.  Considering the Chinese were caught using lead paint in kids toys, formaldehyde in flooring products and how about when Febreze was killing dogs. 

You can't reason with a "concerned mom".   Especially when they are so ignorantly selective on the stuff they choose to be concerned about.  

It's perfectly fine to sit cross-legged over an open bottle of acetone while surrounded by acetone soaked cotton balls for hours.  Or to soak their heads in hair dye and bleach solutions repeatedly until the "perfect shade of sable brown" is obtained.  Or to take a Dremel and create giant clouds of sanded acrylic fingernail dust over their glass of sweet tea and bowl of popcorn.    No harm in any of THAT, and if you say anything about it they'll immediately tell you how rediculous you are.  🙄

I tried to make a point once by spraying a giant spider with hairspray and watching him curl up and die within seconds.  Even that didn't make an impression.   

But some weirdo chick in Connecticut makes a post on FB that her kid started hallucinating after playing with a certain toy......  😲 And it goes viral.  And if I happen to light a cigarette in the kitchen then immediatly everyone in the house becomes aware of cancer symptoms.  

On 1/10/2019 at 3:02 PM, fishinwrench said:

I tried to make a point once by spraying a giant spider with hairspray and watching him curl up and die within seconds. 

works on chiggers and seedticks too, and kinda cools the itch they cause