Are you prepared ?

20 hours ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

The little girls yhat made it we’re all distraught.  Like breaking your pumpkin in the street at Halloween. 

Yep people stuck on 44 all night and part of yesterday.  Haven’t heard what’s up today over there.  

I get it. I have a little 8 year old girl.   

We as Americans need to quit whining about the little things.  We have softened so much.  Just as these posts reveal, we did so much worse as kids.  

We have a choice, complain about kids being lazy and not playing outside, or let them be kids when they do. 

Money is just ink and paper, worthless until it switches hands, and worthless again until the next transaction. (me)

I am the master of my unspoken words, and the slave to those that should have remained unsaid. (unknown)

12 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

A guy at work made this with his kids.  Even has lights.  

8F4554D1-04EB-4AF6-823C-B3CC1C763D61.jpeg

That is pretty cool. Must have taken them all day to build. I bet the kids will remember that time that dad helped them build a snow castle😁. Some great memories there. Now if they had a moat with fish that would put it over the top!

Great thread.  I plead guilty to most of the same things.  And maybe a few others.  BB gun fights, dirt clod fights, holding lit black cats as long as possible with a few held  a little too long.  Worst thing ever was holding neighbor kid up in the air on a bag swing until he jumped off and proceeded to break both his arms. 

Back when I worked in an auto parts store we had a big snow in Springfield. One of my guys had an Isuzu Trooper that would go anywhere so I had him come pick me up for work. None of the other guys made it in that day and we ended up closing early but hitting the liquor store instead of going home. We were out just having a bit of fun and decided that we would stop by one of the guys house that didn't make it in to give him a hard time. As we got to his house we saw several snowmen in his yard and a little fort. He had been having all kinds of fun while we were at work. We knocked on the door buy nobody would answer. So we trashed his fort and murdered all the snowmen and then threw all out empty beer bottles out in his yard. That will teach him. As we are driving on down the road we get about 3 or 4 houses down and my buddy points at one and says "Wait a minute, isn't that Shannon's house?". He was right.