OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Phil Lilley

2019 Masters Results

We struggled early for quality bites, but finally figured something out about an hour before they turned on 4 units. Most of what we weighed came during that one hour spell and then the bite died as soon as generation increased. After 4 units came on, we found some fish willing to bite near Monkey island, but they didn’t have any size to them.

Sculpin/orange and sculpin/ginger jigs were our best lures. My partner caught several on a black/gold rooster tail and I picked up a few on a countdown rapala.

42 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

We're headed down tomorrow morning to shake off the shack nasty's.  We will be in the trophy area. 

Good luck and look forward to hearing how ya do!  Still struggling to find time in January to make it down there :(  I will live vicariously through your posts SIO3 LOL !

29 minutes ago, Phil Lilley said:

Trophy Area people didn't weigh in

Interesting...  For the weight tournaments I've always wondered how many head up and try to hook into a big one up there.  With the generation where it was you'd have some great water to fish for sure.  Thanks for the info.