Jump to content
OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NoLuck

Bridge Weight Limit

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, rcguy said:

At the meeting in the Fall I believe they said after the last inspection they determined the pilings are deteriorating enough that they should only be rated to carry 5 tons. That was from the park superintendent.  I hope they put a sign near the road on 64, NO RV’S. 

 

Weren't there pictures of the new bridge on here somewhere.  I thought it had new pile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, rcguy said:

At the meeting in the Fall I believe they said after the last inspection they determined the pilings are deteriorating enough that they should only be rated to carry 5 tons. That was from the park superintendent.  I hope they put a sign near the road on 64, NO RV’S. 

 

Just a 3/4 ton pickup with a 12ft pop up would be over 5T.  Hopefully people just follow the rules and don’t drive too heavy a trucks across it. If it’s in as bad a shape as you heard, then maybe they should close it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:01 PM, NoLuck said:

Just a 3/4 ton pickup with a 12ft pop up would be over 5T.  Hopefully people just follow the rules and don’t drive too heavy a trucks across it. If it’s in as bad a shape as you heard, then maybe they should close it. 

The meeting last Fall they was going to take it out but was convinced it was needed so they said they was going to rebuild it much better than before. This is what we got.

Another thing is they are taking out the Swimming Pool. Takes half hour tops to catch limit of Trout if that is all a person wants to do. If they have their Kids what are they going to do the rest of the day. Most the other places have a Swimming Pool so they are going to lose people there.

I don't fish the Park but I do enjoy being down there but I really feel last few years in has went down hill in a Big Way.

This area counts on having the extra income during the Summer to keep things going year round. It has helped with Deer Hunting in the area and Catch and Release Season but nothing for a Big Draw all year but then again do we really want it. I know where I lived in Colorado Skiing was the Big Thing but now they have something for Tourist year round and to me it is just not the same.

oneshot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is so sad that they have to put such an ugly POS up to make people follow the rules.  It was one thing to put up some stupid looking painted plywood picture taking props at the lodge but to put this up is over the top.  What happened to the rustic looking, keep it simply type of atmosphere?  

 

As far as shutting down the pool, I'm for it.  If they don't, they will have to raise camping and other fees to pay for the maintenance.  I'm definitely not a fan of that since I don' use or ever will use the pool.  Go to one of the river accesses and swim like we use to!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2019 at 12:01 PM, NoLuck said:

Well, this should help the situation a little bit. 

4E4E065D-0C52-49AC-94FB-EADA4EEDAACC.jpeg

Ok I went down there today. It will be interesting someone pulling a 35 footer off 64HWY seeing they can't go that way and back out onto the highway.

 

oneshot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you’re driving east on 64 and you still try to turn on 64A you deserve what you get.  Nobody in their right mind would be driving fast enough pulling a 35+ft camper and try to turn there seeing all that stuff. If they’re headed west then they’re too dumb and drove past the main entrance.  Besides that, there’s plenty of room to back up without backing into traffic on 64. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, NoLuck said:

If you’re driving east on 64 and you still try to turn on 64A you deserve what you get.  Nobody in their right mind would be driving fast enough pulling a 35+ft camper and try to turn there seeing all that stuff. If they’re headed west then they’re too dumb and drove past the main entrance.  Besides that, there’s plenty of room to back up without backing into traffic on 64. 

I'm thinking heading West and if they had been there before knowing RV Camping is at that end. I'm not sure there is enough room to turn around, before turning they could go on across the Bridge and turn around at the access or Sand Springs.

I do know we didn't get what they said they was going to do last Fall.

oneshot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.