Big M area, January 18

Quillback

Well I thought I had located some fish last time and was anticipating catching some good numbers.

It didn't happen - 3 bass total, 2 on a Ned and one on the McStick.  

I did have a good opportunity - I was throwing a DT 10, it was breezy and I decide to try cranking for a while, and on about cast #4, as I was retrieving it, it just stopped dead, thought I was hung on a rock.  Well the rock gave a couple of good head shakes, pulled some drag, then was off.  Dunno how something that was hooked that solid could get off, but it did.  I threw that dang DT about another hundred casts off and on during the morning and never got another fish to touch it.

It was getting pretty windy, so I called it quits at noon.

Had a covey of quail fly across the road about 1/2 mile out of the Big M park - first ones I have ever seen in that area.

WT45, water stained green.

This post has been promoted to an article

Set that hook in that rock Quillback..I been guilty of not setting hook at times..

I'm way past due to go out, but it will probably be another couple months till Dr figures out what's wrong with me..have stress test next Thursday, it's only taken 4 months to get a test done...lol

I know everything about nothing and know nothing about everything!

Bruce Philips

Anyone that says they've never had that happen where they thought they were snagged and it turned out to be a fish is lying.  Not sure what is worse, not knowing what you had or getting to see it and then they pull off. Both suck, but hey, you're out there fishing which is better than anything I've been able to do the last few months.

It was slow for me too, thank you for sharing. I thought it was just me.

3 hours ago, 176champion said:

Set that hook in that rock Quillback..I been guilty of not setting hook at times..

I'm way past due to go out, but it will probably be another couple months till Dr figures out what's wrong with me..have stress test next Thursday, it's only taken 4 months to get a test done...lol

Get better soon. Prayers your way.

ClassActionTransparent.png

9 hours ago, 176champion said:

It was on pretty solid, if anything I think the hooks may have pulled out.  It was just not meant to be.

Hey, hope those DR's figure out what is up and get you fixed up soon so we can see you out on the water again!

Surprised I didn't see ya.  Lots of boats out yesterday.   Eagle Rock had at least 1/2 dozen rigs at the ramp and  there were a  bunch more running.  If I had not seen a bit of schooling action in the middle of the creek, I think I would have skunked.

Glad you saw the Quail, they are way fewer than the fish.