2019 Fantasy Fishing

Quillback

Stuck in the cabin, lots of time on my hands so was checking to see if BASS had launched anything on the fantasy front.  Site says they will start on or about Jan. 21 (take note Abkeenan).  Should be an interesting year with a bunch of guys new to fishing the Elites.

Saw this article while there:

https://www.bassmaster.com/fantasy-fishing/hunt-keeps-bassmaster-fantasy-fishing-title-pennsylvania

Quill,

Thought about FF the other day. Wasn't sure the interest level being that the ENTIRE FIELD left for MLF. I know very few guys still fishing the BASS (Not-So) Elite circuit now other than Feider, Cherry and maybe a couple of others.

Not sure if MLF will have anything set up this year for Fantasy Fishing or not. Doubtful.

Would like to hear from the peanut gallery on if they would still be interested in a league. It's just not the same now.

To be honest I am not looking forward to the whole MLF format. Everyone is on board with the MLF catch, weigh and release system. That's all good and makes perfect sense in every way with the conservation of the fish. No question there. But I wasn't exactly sure how this new MLF format was going to work with a larger field than what MLF had previously been doing the past few years. I watched JT Kenney's video just yesterday and he kinda broke it down in easy to understand terms (good for people like me). So in the field of 80 anglers, 40 fish Group A and 40 fish Group B. Groups A fishes day 1 and 3 and Group B fishes day 2 and 4. Then the field is cut down to 20 per group and combined (40 total) who then fish day 5. Then the top 10 fish the final day (day 6). I don't really like the idea of guys not fishing 2 of the days. Conditions can change from day to day and I for one am just not in favor of that. Everyone should fish the same conditions in my eyes. The weight total also clears and resets to zero on the final day. Not so sure I am in favor of that either. Humans by nature fear change. So maybe I will like it but just assessing the changes initially, I am not in support of the MLF style of scoring as it stands. Would prefer the standard 5 fish limit but paired with the immediate C&R. Will see how it all shakes out soon.

Im with you on the "every bass counts"   Cant stand watching those guys yell giant and weigh a 2lber.   It kind of bores guys that like to tournament fish. I cant stay awake through a full episode anymore lol. ITs a great TV show and that's what is designed to be. It just doesn't interest me as much yet.  Maybe with the live coverage ill get back on bored, but not the TV show.    Im still interested in the fantasy, a lot of good guys on there, and tons of new blood should make it interesting.

• Members

I will do it again if you guys have it, just have to say I don’t know more than a few guys anymore.  I had a blast doing it this year as my first fantasy sport. 

I wish MLF would put a bigger emphasis on big fish as well...maybe take your best 5 and add it to the total as a bonus?

I'm in and have a team although I only recognize about 15 of the anglers this year. Should even the playing field on who everyone is going to pick though.

-- Jim

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -- Doug Larson

Alright, sounds like most guys are still interested in doing fantasy fishing again. I'll get it together and post the info under "2019 Official Ozark Anglers Fantasy Fishing League". Stay tuned.