OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
zmcc6

Buffalo River Trip (need Advice)

I started taking a roll up table/ with easy adjust poles. Sucks for me to work on the gravel/sand cooking etc. Playing cards with friends under the stars with adult beverages ...... The table rolls up like a Thermorest , pretty slick and doesn't take up much room.  Chairs are a must for multi day trips.  Unless you are very young and have backs waiting to be wiped out when you are wiser.  Have fun.

7 hours ago, Deadstream said:

I started taking a roll up table/ with easy adjust poles. Sucks for me to work on the gravel/sand cooking etc. Playing cards with friends under the stars with adult beverages ...... The table rolls up like a Thermorest , pretty slick and doesn't take up much room.  Chairs are a must for multi day trips.  Unless you are very young and have backs waiting to be wiped out when you are wiser.  Have fun.

Those roll tables are pretty slick. If I was taking a canoe, and especially if I was going to hang out in one area for more than a night, I’d get one of those. 

22 hours ago, tho1mas said:

First Aid Kit?

Yep.  And know the string trick for getting hooks out of your hide.  Twice in the middle of three day floats, I've had to get hooks out of myself.  It would not be much fun to have a hook stuck in you with two days to go to get to civilization!

Echo Al's comment on dry shoes/sandals for camp.

I suggest two 18' or so lengths of rope - one to each end of the canoe.

Here is my list - refined over many years (the time I forgot matches...).

My wife & I use a canoe - and we load it heavy.

Canoe List.PNG

I carry a chair, a table and a tarp.  And stuff to cook eat and drink and sleep in/under.  What else is there?  Dawn detergent I guess.  Maybe a few paper towels.  Forget the rest of that crap, you don't need it.

3 hours ago, Terrierman said:

I carry a chair, a table and a tarp.  And stuff to cook eat and drink and sleep in/under.  What else is there?  Dawn detergent I guess.  Maybe a few paper towels.  Forget the rest of that crap, you don't need it.

What do you wipe your....ehhh....nevermind.