Bass Pro Tour

Alex Heitman

Really?  Y'all don't enjoy this overwhelmingly above not knowing where or how any of them are fishing....and just seeing them haul a bag to the scales at the end of the day?    

IMO this format is head & shoulders above the old way.  And it's way WAY better for the fish.   

17 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

Really?  Y'all don't enjoy this overwhelmingly above not knowing where or how any of them are fishing....and just seeing them haul a bag to the scales at the end of the day?    

IMO this format is head & shoulders above the old way.  And it's way WAY better for the fish.   

That's not what I am arguing. 100% for the MLF system of weigh and release ASAP. I just don't like giving real time updates to the other anglers. Wish it would be kept secret til the end of the day. Also would like it to be a 5 fish biggest weight. Those two changes would not alter, in any way, what they are currently doing with the fish care or live coverage of the events. Cover the fishing just as they are now just don't let the competitors know what they are fishing against. I remember you saying giving a bonus to the angler with the most fish caught and I would be fine with that as well. I would also argue that it takes more skill to hone in on the big fish fish than it does to catch a bunch of smaller fish. Sure, some luck is involved to get your bait in front of a big one and have her bite it but to do that a few times per day.....I think that's something more special than pulling up to a spot like Howell did yesterday and load the boat on a school of 1-2lb fish. Which can also be viewed as "luck" as well being in the right place at the right time. That's how I see it anyways.

10 minutes ago, Lvn2Fish said:

There’s a Missouri regatta permit for mlf in May. It’s on the highway patrol website. 

I'm thinking that's one of their select cup events.

-- Jim

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -- Doug Larson

8 minutes ago, Lvn2Fish said:

I don’t think so . They are fishing fourty a day in this tournament 

I guess it will be one of their "Stages"  They only list up to Stage 4 in April on their web page in Dayton, TN.

-- Jim

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -- Doug Larson

2 minutes ago, moguy1973 said:

I guess it will be one of their "Stages"  They only list up to Stage 4 in April on their web page in Dayton, TN.

I'm positive I haven't paid nearly enough attention to any of it to know what it is.