Jump to content
OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Alex Heitman

Bass Pro Tour

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, abkeenan said:

There is definitely a skill to it. It's all about reading it and interpreting what it means in order to be more successful. Has it helped fishermen catch more fish since the first sonar was introduced? Absolutely. But it's a level playing field where every angler has access to that technology thus making it fair for all.

It would also be a level playing field if electronics were banned. Are there people having success now that would not have it without the sonar?  I don't know and much don't care; but you sure can't catch what isn't there and being on top of them is a big thing. No time (or skill) wasted fishing "might be good spots". Those lakes are pretty big and the speed of the boat plus the quality of electronics keeps the guys with the most money at an advantage.

I can see that skill in reading and interpreting the displays might be a big factor. As could  skill at high speed boating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, tjm said:

Those lakes are pretty big and the speed of the boat plus the quality of electronics keeps the guys with the most money at an advantage.

With all the respect in the world, you don't have a clue about what you are talking about. Money does not put fish in the boat. It never has and it never will. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, tjm said:

It would also be a level playing field if electronics were banned. Are there people having success now that would not have it without the sonar?  I don't know and much don't care; but you sure can't catch what isn't there and being on top of them is a big thing. No time (or skill) wasted fishing "might be good spots". Those lakes are pretty big and the speed of the boat plus the quality of electronics keeps the guys with the most money at an advantage.

I can see that skill in reading and interpreting the displays might be a big factor. As could  skill at high speed boating.

They all have similar rigs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Flysmallie said:

With all the respect in the world, you don't have a clue about what you are talking about. Money does not put fish in the boat. It never has and it never will. 

I said I didn't know anything about these contests, but if high speed travel and great technology don't count then you could take a prize with a kayak in one of them?

Would you even be allowed entry ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope they don't fish out of kayaks or allow them in these tourneys.  But there are kayak only tourneys where they don't allow bass boats.  And those kayaks have all kinds of electronics also, depth finders, little power poles, electric motors, etc.,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that is nothing more than "Flotation Segregation"!!! Where's Rosie O'Donnell when you need him??? :angry1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Flysmallie said:

With all the respect in the world, you don't have a clue about what you are talking about. Money does not put fish in the boat. It never has and it never will. 

Oh I dunno.  A few guys here on LO pool a good bit of money together to hire a couple of retired guys with a undecked tri-toon to sink big brushpiles in certain release area locations.   The ones handing those ol'boys cash have a proven advantage or they wouldn't keep doing it.    

It may not put fish in the boat but it puts fish where you want them to be so you can catch them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.