Internet Service around Lampe/Baxter area?

WWM

• Members

Can anyone point me towards an internet service provider around the Baxter area that is worth paying for. The Century Link we pay $45 a month for is a absolute joke it be called high speed. ATT LTE is usually 3-4 times faster on my phone. 

Any advice would be much appreciated. 

• Members

Good luck.  Unfortunately that is all we have been able to find also, and yes your right, very slow and unreliable.   I would hope with all the high dollar condos being built at little Indian they would maybe think of bringing in fiber but I'm not holding my breath.   Were still waiting for water from mo ark. 🤣

Most folks in this area are using Total Highspeed Internet Solutions.  417-851-1107.  I think they are out of Nixa or Republic.  We are on the old plan and ours is pretty slow, but they do have plans where it is fast as lightning, you just have to pay for it.

I’m by the dam and use Viastat. It is a satellite service but it is pretty fast for rural areas. 

Mike

I have Suddenlink and when it works it's good but too often it don't - it cost $69.99/mo but they have deals for newbie.  When it works I get 15 mps.  The problem is that in the evening it is so slow that we can't watch Netflex so I turn my cell phone into a hotspot and that works OK.

I been looking for something different and when I saw Bill's post I just called Total Highspeed -  $100 for their Deluxe package 1.5 - 6 mps using cell towers.

Bobby

10 minutes ago, m&m said:

I’m by the dam and use Viastat. It is a satellite service but it is pretty fast for rural areas. 

Mike

Mike, can you give cost and speed info.

Bobby

We are in line of site for their Hollister Tower.  If you can believe it we are paying $35.00 per month.  We have had it since they went into business down here and have a locked in price as long as we don't upgrade.

No problem at all with Netflix it really only buffers for about 10 seconds as the movie loads and then nothing else.  We  do have trouble uploading video to the internet, it takes a long time, but again we are not on their faster plan.

Suddenlink runs right by my house down to Williams Landing, but most everyone here uses either Direct TV or Dish and uses Total Highspeed as the service is about twice as good.

Becky says we have their Elite package

20 hours ago, WWM said:

Can anyone point me towards an internet service provider around the Baxter area that is worth paying for. The Century Link we pay $45 a month for is a absolute joke it be called high speed. ATT LTE is usually 3-4 times faster on my phone. 

Any advice would be much appreciated. 

centurylink should be taken to court for charging for hs internet, when the fact is your line does not have that capability.  you should change back to regular internet and save the extra fee charge they are charging you for hs.  been there done that.  here in cassville, we now have the option of gobec and boy is it great.  better phone too.

bo

1 hour ago, bobby b. said:

Mike, can you give cost and speed info.

Bobby

bobby, I have a consulting business so I wanted unlimited internet. We pay $150.00 a month for unlimited and it is at 30mbs download speed. We get the buffering thing also for about 10 seconds when we down load a movie. Been very happy with the service.

Mike