OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
snagged in outlet 3

Trout opener article in the St Louis Post

50 minutes ago, Flysmallie said:

Those spincasters gotta quit leaving Thingamabobbers everywhere. 

They probably fish out of a kayak when they aren't in the trout parks :D!

11 minutes ago, tjm said:

I've never bought an indicator, but I have 3-4 of every kind sold I think. I don't believe the spinners are the ones using and scattering  them at RR, there is a class of fly rod folks that tell me a bobber is almost a necessity to trout fish and at that third hole up from the old dam there are about a thousand spinning flies in one tree, my kids used to call it the Christmas tree hole.  

There is a half dozen of those at Bennett springs too. From bait to fly zone. In the upper zones the flashing of the blades from rooster tails in the wind is mesmerizing :)  

BilletHead

10 minutes ago, Johnsfolly said:

They probably fish out of a kayak when they aren't in the trout parks :D!

To get clear of the bait slingers you bet. Do you realize Pat and I did not do Bennett at all last year. Only time I was there fishing  was C&R with you and the hamster! 

BilletHead

I think BSpgs gets a lot more traffic than RR and so gets more undesirable types. Most  RR customers I talk to have come from Tx. Ar. Ok., & Ks.  and do the trip a few times each year.

23 minutes ago, BilletHead said:

Only time I was there fishing  was C&R with you and the hamster! 

BilletHead

That was a great time! We caught a lot of fish even without having to resort to bait ;) at least for the two of us spincasters.

1 minute ago, Johnsfolly said:

That was a great time! We caught a lot of fish even without having to resort to bait ;) at least for the two of us spincasters.

Yep fun and I did not have to resort to spinning gear. :) . Even caught a chub, sculpin and a couple of those other little dinky fishes that I had to have a scientist tell me what they were. 🤣.

BilletHead

I went to to the one at Maramec Springs several times when we had Family in the area. Was not anything to write home about. I caught a lot bigger in the Huzzah creek in early spring than I ever did down there by rolling a 6 inch plastic worm over the bottom.