OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ham

Fishing Report 2/2/19

My daughter wanted to fish on 2/3 so I wanted to pre-fish and be have ideas. 

I fished from 1:30 pm to 4:20 pm.

the beautiful weather had just under 40 million boats on the river. I have honestly never seen the river that busy and I hope never to see it that busy again. 

I fished almost an hour before I had a bite. I sure was glad when I caught that first one. Flow was higher than I like for Jig fishing (11,500 or so) and there was some wind as well. So, I threw a jerk bait a fair amount and got one Cuttie on it and some follows.

I lost my drag chain that I have had forever. My inner tube shock absorber failed on me. I will replace it. 

Ended up with 7 fish. One of which was my first walleye of the year. 

I did finally find a few fish that I could have leaned on and caught a few more, but I headed in. Still going to fish with my daughter today. Leaning towards Norfork instead.

Congrats buddy on catching a walleye and the cutthroat. Just a little jealous here😌. More about time on the water than the fish. I hope you two catch a bunch today! Looking forwatd to some photos of your daughter's fish.