2-3-19 smack down :) .

BilletHead

General goose season is just about done,

Thank goodness for the thaw. Just thing a few days ago we woke up to 4 degrees here in BilletHeadVille. Just a few open water spots the geese were keeping open. Not seeing any at all but those cruddy snow geese we really done want to mess with. We still had frozen ponds yesterday morning but birds were moving. We mad a drive and hatched a plan. Big wind all night and 55 degrees this morning.  We loaded up and headed out to our spot. Put out 18 floaters in the pond and 18 full bodies behind our layouts in the fescue field.  Pat grassed the blinds well and we disappeared awaiting the morning flight. Birds began to fill the skies. Snows at first then canada and white fronts of course the specks wouldn't play but the Canada geese did :) . A little after nine our last bird hit the water lights out and belly up. DSC_0002 - Copy.JPG   A mix of greater, lesser and a bonus cackler not much bigger than a mallard,DSC_0006 - Copy.JPGDSC_0007 - Copy.JPG  We had the little trailer packed,

thumbnail_0203190933_HDR - Copy.jpg     I am hoping to get out maybe one more time before it closes Wednesday.

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

44 minutes ago, wily said:

What do you mean by a cackler? Sorry if a dumb question?  Is that a lesser?

You know Kendall I am no scientist but here is one example on the internet. I know the lesser Canada geese we have shot that were banded are much larger. We shoot one a year of these little dudes. One year I shot two.

http://www.ducks.org/hunting/waterfowl-id/cackling-goose

BilletHead

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

Lefty Kreh

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

BilletHead

I was curious what the cackler was myself.  Thanks BH.  Looks like a great time.   

Money is just ink and paper, worthless until it switches hands, and worthless again until the next transaction. (me)

I am the master of my unspoken words, and the slave to those that should have remained unsaid. (unknown)

2 minutes ago, Daryk Campbell Sr said:

I was curious what the cackler was myself.  Thanks BH.  Looks like a great time.   

Cute little guys. Kind of comical looking to me. I laugh every time  we get one. 

BilletHead

Pogo

Lefty Kreh

Lefty Kreh

BilletHead

BilletHead

BilletHead

5 minutes ago, Hunter91 said:

I catch all my ducks and geese on a spook also! Nice hunt!

Cheaper to maintain than a retriever. Although I have one of those to, the wife😄. She does a great job,

BilletHead

Pogo

Lefty Kreh

Lefty Kreh

BilletHead

BilletHead

BilletHead

1 hour ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

You just haven't had them prepared correctly:)

No I am too cotton picking tired to keep hunting the late snow season. Have ate them too. Trick is not preparing them right it is to not preparing them wrong. 

Pogo

Lefty Kreh

Lefty Kreh

BilletHead

BilletHead

BilletHead