Jump to content
OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Jim Spriggs

Back-to-back PB smallies

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, top_dollar said:

Can you provide that quote?

Let’s just say the MDC thinks more fish die from old age and other environmental factors, including predation than angler harvest right now so they see no need to change the regulations anywhere other that where they did by the Springs. The rivers are what they are don’t expect any changes in your lifetime. They are what they are and there is nothing we can do about improving them according to the MDC biologists I have talked with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Smalliebigs said:

Let’s just say the MDC thinks more fish die from old age and other environmental factors, including predation than angler harvest right now so they see no need to change the regulations anywhere other that where they did by the Springs. The rivers are what they are don’t expect any changes in your lifetime. They are what they are and there is nothing we can do about improving them according to the MDC biologists I have talked with.

Pick up garbage on the banks.  That will help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, top_dollar said:

Pick up garbage on the banks.  That will help.

Yep I agree there and I take my big green bag with me when I go out and haul around a stinky and muddy bag of trash with me, kinda gets frustrating.

did you ever get that Bite???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Smalliebigs said:

Yep I agree there and I take my big green bag with me when I go out and haul around a stinky and muddy bag of trash with me, kinda gets frustrating.

did you ever get that Bite???

That's awesome.  Not yet, it shipped from Jackson 2 days ago.  I'll post a review when I get it.  I also ordered a bending branches angle classic paddle to go along with it.  I'm curious if the little hook retriever is a gimmick or come in handy.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2019 at 9:27 PM, Smalliebigs said:

Yep I agree there and I take my big green bag with me when I go out and haul around a stinky and muddy bag of trash with me, kinda gets frustrating.

did you ever get that Bite???

It showed up! Pretty sweet, although itis my first yak so I have no real frame of reference.  The seat seems comfy.  I like the grooves up front to lay a few rods down.  Plus they give you a free water bottle lol.  I'll be on the upper big next weekend to try it out on the water.  Step 1 is to get the dog to chill out while on it.

20190301_185729.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 8:45 AM, top_dollar said:

It showed up! Pretty sweet, although itis my first yak so I have no real frame of reference.  The seat seems comfy.  I like the grooves up front to lay a few rods down.  Plus they give you a free water bottle lol.  I'll be on the upper big next weekend to try it out on the water.  Step 1 is to get the dog to chill out while on it.

20190301_185729.jpg

WOW!!!! the open floor plan is exactly what I need.....what do think about how the seat attaches??? I have heard mixed reviews on that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

           Yeah I really like the open floor plan as well.  Initially I was sold on the pescador pro because it has open front and back wells, but this one is even better.  I think ill be able to get the dog in there, and ill certainly be able to store all the camping and fishing gear I want.  The seat seems alright, you slide in the back bar to the runners, then just snap the front bar into a holder, which you can loosen and re-tighten to adjust it horizontally.  One concern i have is that those little holders will break, but oh well.  What i did like about the pescador pro is that the seat can be adjusted vertically to a higher or lower position.  The bite only has one position unfortunately.  It still seems like a good boat, especially for only 800 bucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.